What tests to request to decide on water filter system - Page 2

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
Randy G. (original poster)

#11: Post by Randy G. (original poster) »

Learned early about the TDS meter. I was using the "API GH & KH TEST KIT" and using the KH test to monitor the effectiveness of the softener cartridges I was using. I am looking seriously at the Homeland HCWS. Nice tip, that. Easier installation and less space used in the bar sink's cabinet. Been shopping for all the parts I need for the system as I envision it. I can do a nice system with the filter head with the bleeder and the Chris Coffee regulator with gauge, for about $220. Since I am on well water and I am using the Decent plumbing kit, I do not need much pressure at all. And that cartridge should easily last through its recommended one-year lifespan. Thank you all for the tips!
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
*20th Anniversary 2000-2020*

PeetsFan

#12: Post by PeetsFan »

I just plumbed in my machine and I looked at all of the filtration options as well. I'm on municipal water, and our water is already very soft. But the Chris Coffee kit is less expensive than most carbon filter-only kits, so I ordered one.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
Randy G. (original poster)

#13: Post by Randy G. (original poster) »

PeetsFan wrote: But the Chris Coffee kit is less expensive than most carbon filter-only kits, so I ordered one.
I used that double cartridge system for years and even bought refillable filter cartridges and recharged my softening cartridges by emptying them into a saline solution in a jar. But I am now looking forward to an easier solution. But check my website as I documented that system in detail.
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
*20th Anniversary 2000-2020*

PeetsFan

#14: Post by PeetsFan » replying to Randy G. »

Hi Randy!
I just installed the filter. I flushed it out, but I've been varnishing the countertop and I'll put it on tomorrow morning, then try my new filtered water. I did leak test it while flushing the line and no problems. I read your articles and they were helpful. You didn't seem to have any complaints.

My house came with a Blink alarm system, and they sell a flood sensor two pack. So I installed one under the espresso maker and one under the sink, just in case a line bursts some day.