Will R. Pavlis' water recipe work with auto fill boilers?

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
Carl K

#1: Post by Carl K »

Hello,
I've been using my Rancilio Silvia for 14 years to make a couple of lattes each weekend. I am thinking of finally upgrading to an E61 machine, either a Quick Mill Alexia (SBDU like the Silvia) or an Anita (HX). I am tossing around the idea of getting the HX machine, but I do not like the prospect of descaling it's boiler. Can anyone tell me if Dr. Pavlis' potassium bicarbonate water recipe, which shouldn't cause any scale, will conduct electricity to work with an HX's boiler auto fill function? I've read many threads on his potassium bicarbonate water recipe, but didn't find this point addressed. Thanks very much.

Jake_G
Team HB

#2: Post by Jake_G »

Carl K wrote:Hello,
I've been using my Rancilio Silvia for 14 years to make a couple of lattes each weekend. I am thinking of finally upgrading to an E61 machine, either a Quick Mill Alexia (SBDU like the Silvia) or an Anita (HX). I am tossing around the idea of getting the HX machine, but I do not like the prospect of descaling it's boiler. Can anyone tell me if Dr. Pavlis' potassium bicarbonate water recipe, which shouldn't cause any scale, will conduct electricity to work with an HX's boiler auto fill function? I've read many threads on his potassium bicarbonate water recipe, but didn't find this point addressed. Thanks very much.
Hi Carl, it should work like a charm.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

Advertisement
sweaner

#3: Post by sweaner replying to Jake_G »

And, it does!
Scott
LMWDP #248

Carl K (original poster)

#4: Post by Carl K (original poster) »

Great!!! Thanks very much for the info.

Shojin

#5: Post by Shojin »

I've used the Pavlis formula from day one on a Linea Mini - no problems at all.

Carl K (original poster)

#6: Post by Carl K (original poster) replying to Shojin »

Great to know that the auto fill feature still works with this water. Thanks very much.