Just installed my Clive Homeland under-sink water softener.

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
adcampo

#1: Post by adcampo »

I got the ECM Synchronika about a month ago. I knew I wanted to plumb it in and I also know I have really hard water. As I started exploring water softening, I quickly realized I can spend a ton of money just to get soft water to my new machine. Colligan wants $5000 for whole house water softening and under sink RO system. That's a non started.

I was deciding between BWT @ WLL ($385+) or Homeland system @ Clive ($160). I went the cheaper route. So far so good.

Kit include everything needed to set it up. Took me a couple hours from start to finish. Works great and no leaks.I was even able to get my drain line plumbed - a bit of a bigger pain, but it's worth it.

I just tested the water and the hardness is between 0-40 PPM. It was 400+PPM.

DWH

#2: Post by DWH »

I have been using this softener system for over an year now and I am using a digital TDS stick instead of those paper things to measure hardness. Which do you use? I would love to be sure I am actually softening my hard water enough. Thanks!

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
N6GQ
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by N6GQ »

How would one of these work to plumb into the cold water line at a sink for normal, every day use? I'd like to use it for drinking water as well as espresso water. I'm using a zero-water filter now and adding KHCO3 but that gets sort of old.
LMWDP #614

myke2241

#4: Post by myke2241 »

adcampo wrote:I got the ECM Synchronika about a month ago. I knew I wanted to plumb it in and I also know I have really hard water. As I started exploring water softening, I quickly realized I can spend a ton of money just to get soft water to my new machine. Colligan wants $5000 for whole house water softening and under sink RO system. That's a non started.

I was deciding between BWT @ WLL ($385+) or Homeland system @ Clive ($160). I went the cheaper route. So far so good.

Kit include everything needed to set it up. Took me a couple hours from start to finish. Works great and no leaks.I was even able to get my drain line plumbed - a bit of a bigger pain, but it's worth it.

I just tested the water and the hardness is between 0-40 PPM. It was 400+PPM.

Interesting! Have any pictures of links to the setup?