How to measure filtered water? - Page 3

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
esbndk (original poster)

#21: Post by esbndk (original poster) »

Yes this forum seems to have a much higher standard of trustworthy knowledge than other places.
case of 5 years using steam distilled water with an ill defined amount of dietary supplement minerals added, not simple RO
Yeah he used these drops:

I don't know if "chlorides" mean the same as what you warned me about, but I mentioned it to him on that thread. He was adding 30 drops per gallon and the 650Mg is per 40 drops.

Thanks for the answer, I am currently looking for a RO sytem for my own setup, just need to find out is they can be unplugged in between uses or if I need to have it connected all the time. But takes time when I am out of my depth knowledge wise.

Anyways thanks for answering, I don't want to give bad advice : )

Jeff
Team HB

#22: Post by Jeff »

The caution around "too pure" water is typically around two things. The first is that auto-fill sensors often need a bit of conductivity. The second is that very pure water can be a bit corrosive. Add a tiny bit of buffer (RPavlis' water, a bit of baking soda, or most any reputable recipe) and neither should be a serious source of worry.