Hide and seek: the 5 gallon edition - Page 2

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
Pprior (original poster)

#11: Post by Pprior (original poster) »

I've already suggested the cart but that space is too small to move the table and it was a hard no

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by mgrayson »

My solution is a bit drastic. I moved out, she bought a Nespresso. Everyone's happy.

Randy G.

#13: Post by Randy G. »

I would have guessed that your statement would have been, "She bought a Nespresso, I moved out." There's a difference! :wink:
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Randy G.

#14: Post by Randy G. »

Tell her you are considering setting up a full coffee bar and roastery in the garage and she can park outside. :shock: ???
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

bonjing

#15: Post by bonjing »

Do you guys have a kid? Have them decorate the bottle and lay on the guilt trip :twisted: Honey, look at this beautiful artwork that our little one has made. We should put this on display for everyone to see :lol:

spressomon

#16: Post by spressomon »

@Pprior: Can you put a water container into one of these two cabinet spaces?

No Espresso = Depresso

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by mgrayson »

Randy G. wrote:I would have guessed that your statement would have been, "She bought a Nespresso, I moved out." There's a difference! :wink:
Hah! That would have been funnier. And easier to justify. :D

But Nespresso is a perfect solution for people who want to see foam rather than taste it, and are going to put artificial sweetener in it anyway. No sarcasm here. It really serves its audience well.

Pprior (original poster)

#18: Post by Pprior (original poster) »

spressomon wrote:@Pprior: Can you put a water container into one of these two cabinet spaces?

No. There are large pull out drawers that span both sides of that cabinet. I've already invaded more than my allowed space, no further incursions will be tolerated.

I adore my wife, she's just very neat and tidy and things in the kitchen are just going to be the way they will be.

She's actually perfectly fine with me paying someone to run water lines outside and drill through the side of the house and run a line into the house from outside, just so long as she doesn't see it. I'm the one leery on paying that kind of cost and permanence.

spressomon

#19: Post by spressomon »

Gotcha. FWIW, at a former residence, I installed the 'business end' of the water storage & delivery system for my Slayer in the garage and then ran the water supply line through the wall and into the kitchen (shared wall with the garage). When I left, it was an easy drywall patch, texture & paint process. That garage never dropped below 42ºF during any winter.

Instead of using carboys, like I started out with years ago, I moved on to a 10-gallon water container. I cut a large lidded opening on the top of the container so I could easily refill from 5-gallon containers (or whatever capacity size containers you want to use...) to avoid having to re-prime the entire system each time a carboy was swapped.

Further, if she has given you the green light to install the water system remotely...I say: Go for it! Having plumbed in water delivery (as well as plumbed in drain) is a HUGE benefit.
No Espresso = Depresso

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by Pressino »

I guess like most folks in Florida your house is built on a slab and doesn't have a basement or crawlspace where you could run pipes to get up into the kitchen?