Everpure 75E

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
Ad-85

#1: Post by Ad-85 »

Hi

How's the Everpure 75e? It's available locally and even though it's pricier than BWT ROC 14 system but the local availability of Everpure is more important + 4 filters change / year costs the same as bwt 2 filters. Will the 75e work for a commercial espresso machine in a home + drinking water (a water cooler). Pentair never replies to my questions and the local distributor doesn't know a thing. Is the BWT roc 14 better for my needs? (The magnesium stuff is very appealing) I can buy it's filters once a year from Europe.

Another thought is to use another post carbon filter to replace the remineralizing filter on the 75e and add bwt bestmin premium?
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

homeburrero
Team HB

#2: Post by homeburrero »

Alas, no answers to this post, and I can't say I have any experience with either of them. Maybe this post will spur a comment from someone who knows more.

FWIW,
I think the 75E on paper looks capable and straightforward (blending valve, calcite remin). Unless I had a good vendor supporting that BWT BestAqua 14 ROC Coffee I think I might be reluctant. Not sure I like the bluetooth/iPhone controls, the 4 step besthead blending/bypass function, nor the poorly specified new remin filter: https://www.bwt.com/en/-/media/bwt/glob ... bf8fd965f4. Is there any mineral in there other than a magnesium loaded WAC resin? Just too odd, new, and poorly described for my taste. And pricy!

Ad-85 wrote:Another thought is to use another post carbon filter to replace the remineralizing filter on the 75e and add bwt bestmin premium?
I like the idea of straightforward calcite. Not much mineral but nice and predictable. If you added a BWT remin I think you want one of the Bestmin filters and not the Bestaqua.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

Ad-85 (original poster)

#3: Post by Ad-85 (original poster) »

Hi homeburrero

My bwt bestmax premium s gave me 121 tds in the early days but now it reads 98 tds which is weird. My line reads 130 tds. I have no idea if it was the filter or the line changing specs and I've always suspected the latter. I need to shoot them a mail asking about their water specs variations + they sometimes inject more chlorine which lasts for a couple of days and I don't know why? Is it a sanitary thing? It's a government branch and that's why I can't get an answer. I'll try my best to get an answer before getting ro. The 75E paired with bwt bestmin premium sounds good to me but avoiding spending money would be better. Especially when I found bwt bestdrink premium for the water cooler. I don't know why but I like Bwt products especially when I heard about a local shop who has clean boilers after installing LM RO + Bestmin premium in 2017.
LMWDB #691

Ad-85 (original poster)

#4: Post by Ad-85 (original poster) »

The water company started providing line water to our small town 2-3 years ago. Today's specs don't match results from 2-3 months ago!
PH 8.35
TDS 108
GH 89.5
KH 53.7
And I still use the bestmax premium! Not sure if it's the right filter but I just replaced it :shock:

I run my espresso machine on a carboy. Should I consider adding 1/2 packet of TWW or few drops of lotus to the gallon? Open to ideas
LMWDB #691

homeburrero
Team HB

#5: Post by homeburrero »

Ad-85 wrote:Should I consider adding 1/2 packet of TWW or few drops of lotus to the gallon? Open to ideas
That Bestmax Premium is a buffered decarbonizer -- tends to reduce both the alkalinity and the hardness, and may acidify the water a little. I think you have a little chloride ion in that water based on your previous posts so you want to avoid low alkalinity here. Run it at a '3' bypass, and If you want to supplement it with an addition I would recommend a small bump in bicarbonate. You could use Lotus for that or just simple powdered sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) or potassium bicarbonate. If you were to add 0.2 - 0.3 gram to each gallon that would bump your alkalinity up by 25 - 40 mg/L (CaCO3 equivalent). You ideally want to end up with an alkalinity at or above 40 mg/L.

Your tap water appears to vary, and the Bestmax premium performance is hard to predict, so you might want to occasionally check your water's total hardness and alkalinity after filtration with a GH & KH kit. If you use the inexpensive and popular API Fishcare kit you can get the precision you need if you use a stretched sample:
/water/api-gh-and-kh-test-kit-results-t67898.html#p744834 wrote:
... you can get better precision out of the API test kits by 'stretching' them - - using a larger water sample. Find a test tube or vial that holds 10 ml rather than 5 ml of water and do the test per instructions. Then when converting, each drop corresponds to a half degree, or 8.9 mg/L CaCO3 equivalent. An ideal alkalinity at or near 40 mg/L would correspond to 4-5 drops on a 10 ml sample.
Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

Ad-85 (original poster)

#6: Post by Ad-85 (original poster) »

Hi homeburrero

I followed your advice and ordered lotus drops all but calcium. Going to try mg+ in drip. But the other two for the water tank. I have bwt drops and the API. The BWT sample tubes are 10ml so I'll use them with the API. I'll keep testing the filter results instead of the line. Thanks for help! Always appreciated
LMWDB #691

Ad-85 (original poster)

#7: Post by Ad-85 (original poster) »

Took off the bwt bestmax premium and installed Everpure mh2 feeding the carboy. Replaced the bwt with Everpure 4cb5 before the machine
First results from mh2. I need to test the 4cb5 later
Ph 8.27
Tds 97.2
Hardness 71.6
Alkalinity 53.7
I'll keep testing the 6gallon tank every time I refill it. I think I'm within ideal specs. MG+ drops are coming so I might add few drops to enhance taste?

4cb5
TDS 103
Ph 8.41
Alkalinity 53.7
Hardness 71.6

Ph is over the recommended value but I'm not going to address it. I like these results compared to the bestmax. Will compare taste later.

I don't know what bwt adds to the water but apparently it was delicious :| when I measured harnesses from bwt it was 44.75 and that's why I replaced it with mh2. Alkalinity was 35.8 and the ph was lower than that. Perhaps it's all about mg+? I'm still not addressing ph :arrow:
LMWDB #691

Ad-85 (original poster)

#8: Post by Ad-85 (original poster) »

Just received my Ecosoft ROBust 1500 system + BWT BestMin Premium (feeding the carboy where another besttaste 10 is installed after the pressure regulator and before the machine).

I'm going to install scala2 instead of my old italian pump upstairs (including 3* 20" cheap filters before the pump) + BWT BestTaste 15 before the system to reduce the chlorine I'm getting from my tap water.

For drinking water (cooler) I'm going to put an inline Omnipure Calcite + Magnesium + Coconut shell filter which I found on a Canadian online store.

Let them idiots play with water specs all they want. Finally, doing RO gives me a sense of relief. Still waiting for some fittings before calling the plumber.

Thanks homeburrero and everyone asking + helping on this forum. I benefited a lot from all of your contributions and you got to love the community where help is given when needed.

I'm going to test the bestmin results and if the numbers were low, then I might add a calcite filter before the bwt! Will see how it goes.
LMWDB #691