Espresso Cart - Goodbye Plumbed In - Page 17

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
spressomon

#161: Post by spressomon »

It would be interesting/helpful to know if the PSI in the accumulator changes from static (non-water system charged) preset PSI to PSI after the system is "charged" to, in this example, 40-60psi. As water is pushed into the accumulator, I would surmise the pressure on the air side of the accumulator bladder will increase as total air volume in that space is decreased (from water on the system side).

My accumulator is a bit of a booger to get it, otherwise I'd test this out myself.
No Espresso = Depresso

Moka 1 Cup

#162: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Mine is easy to reach.
Same pressure as the water line. I think that the bladder is not elastic at this pressure values, or if it is it helps very little, which is probably good for longevity.

Water pressure at the tank is shown by the gauge on the left.

1)

2)

3)

Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

spressomon

#163: Post by spressomon »

^ thanks!

I suppose it would benefit me to read the installation instructions now and then :roll:

https://www.altestore.com/static/datafi ... Manual.pdf
No Espresso = Depresso

HBchris

#164: Post by HBchris »

spressomon wrote:^ thanks!

I suppose it would benefit me to read the installation instructions now and then :roll:

https://www.altestore.com/static/datafi ... Manual.pdf

great info...

If I understand correctly,
it seems they suggest to pre-charge the accumulator tank to the "turn on" setting of the pump.

So if using a 60 PSI pump that turns on when PSI gets down to 40. They seem to suggest that the accumulator tank should be set at 40 psi for this pump.

"The most efficient use of the accumulator occurs with
the precharge pressure set at the SAME pressure as the pumps' pressure switch "turn ON" setting.
Typically, a 40 psi [2.7 bar] pump will "turn ON" at 20 psi [1.4 bar]. "

"NOTE: If the accumulator precharge exceeds the pump "turn ON" pressure by "a couple of psi," the
volume of pressurized liquid within the accumulator will be reduced."

So i just need to try to find the turn on level for:
https://www.freshwatersystems.com/produ ... -8-jg-115v

Moka 1 Cup

#165: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

About 40 psi.
On my pump (different model but same brand) they are a little off, both higher than 40 and 60 psi, at least based on my pressure gauge.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

spressomon

#166: Post by spressomon »

And to..."check the accumulator's pressure annually". I need to do this for my Slayer's water delivery system as well as the same accumulator I installed in our RV: Another thing to add to my "list of to do's".

Good & valuable discussion!
No Espresso = Depresso

msg

#167: Post by msg »

I bought a Shurflo pump (804
023) with built in accumulator. The manual says NOT to use pre filtered water for fear of bacterial risk from chlorine removal. But anyone - like the posters in this thread - using a water recipe will be feeding water that's de-chlorinated into their pumps.

I'm in Seattle, using city water that's run through a 3M Aqua Pure carbon filter (DWS1000), and then stored in a 3G tank where the pump will be connected. System will be connected to a Compressa (in transit).

How real is the bacterial risk? How do the rest of you manage the risk?

spressomon

#168: Post by spressomon »

I've been doing this/using bottle/tank water delivery system to my espresso machines for 10-years and have never had an issue with bacteria. Have used rpavlis' water recipe & now a local true spring water source that is ~55ppm, no chloride, etc. Having said that, I do drain and thoroughly wash the tank about 2X/year, but haven't "scrubbed" the lines, accumulator out, ever.

The water delivery system, including the 10-gallon water tank, is located out of direct sunlight, etc., in the kitchen cabinet below the espresso machine behind typical kitchen cabinet doors.

Whatever instructions you have received with your gear, based upon 10+ years of using similar systems, sounds like lawyer speak. But, as always, YMMV :D
No Espresso = Depresso

HBchris

#169: Post by HBchris »

question to anyone who uses a 2 gallon accumulator tank.

Approx. how much water does your accumulator tank hold after it cycles on and just fills up?

coffeeconsultant

#170: Post by coffeeconsultant »

Hi all, I've found this thread to be tremendously useful and have a question regarding the use of a pressure regulator:
I am considering purchasing an MVP Hydra - given that it uses a pressure regulator built into the machine to which the line feeds, is there a need for another pressure regulator before the machine regulator as described on page 1 of the manual?

I would think that unless the pressure regulator of Synesso is wildly inaccurate, there would be no need to add a regulator to the system (was thinking of a Swagelok!)

Can we trust the regulator built in by Synesso and described in the manual they provide?

Also, Synesso recommends 50psi line pressure which seems quite a bit higher than the 40psi I would have run it at - any thoughts?