I tried making a few adjustments and wanted to see if Part II looks better or if I am making the same mistakes.
Started a little heavy (18.6gr) and output a 36.1gr in 26 seconds. I'm basically looking for feedback to see if I made an improvement from part I and if I am going in the right direction, where should I go now? If I'm not making improvements, then I will consider the scace thermofilter, but that's kind of expensive to rule out temperature being my issue. If I had to guess, I would say any issues I am having is in my tamp. Bathroom scale places my Espro calibrated tamp at 25 lbs rather than 30 lbs, which I don't think is all that bad if that is the case. If the pressure is good, then I think its my distribution of force down into the basket.
While I have been putting less pressure when installing my portafilter, I cleaned the screen yesterday and I noticed that after re-installation, the portafilter handle get really tight much earlier, so I need to again put less pressure on this portafilter installation.
I did stop 2/3rds in and tap the grounds in the basket to remove potential airpockets. I think this is helping and will continue to do this normally.
I am using Hologram because honestly, I wanted to try a new bean and wanted to try something that viewers may have been more experienced with.
Thanks inadvance for any feedback