Videos of espresso extractions - Page 19

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Jasonian

#181: Post by Jasonian »

I'm going to vote no as well.

The color is too persistent, although it's very VERY difficult to tell because the camera can't seem to make up its mind on the white balance.
Owner - AJ Coffee Company
HB Rocks!

TimEggers

#182: Post by TimEggers »

Sorry guys I don't remember which I used in the video above. I have been strictly grinding, dosing, leveling and tamping and have been getting much better at pulling even shots. Here is a shot that ran a little fast:

«missing video»
Tim Eggers
http://www.facebook.com/TimEggers
LMWDP #202

NebuK

#183: Post by NebuK »

Hey Everyone,

looking at all those videos i'm starting to wonder ... there seem to be two "styles" of naked extraction. One features a small stream coming out of a "dot" very close to the basket. The other starts to build a "pyramid" with a very thick stream coming out of the bottom. The latter seems to occur especially with very fresh not yet properly degassed beans.

What is the difference between those 2 "types"? What does it tell the Barista? What parameters can one influence in order to achieve the one or the other?

Greetings
- Dario

PS: Sorry for my bad english ;/ hope its comprehensable.

TimEggers

#184: Post by TimEggers » replying to NebuK »

The shots that are tighter and hold the stream closer to the basket are simply ones that most likely run a little slower and longer like a ristretto; the others that have expanding cone are from fresher coffee or a coarser ground coffee. One isn't technically better then the other one it's more a matter of taste.
Tim Eggers
http://www.facebook.com/TimEggers
LMWDP #202

mrgnomer

#185: Post by mrgnomer »

This looks like fun. My first try at a decent video. Not a great quality vid. I'll work on it.

It's dry here. Room humidity was at 36%, which is on the low side for me. The roast was a Hottop homeroasted Mexican organic, 6 days past roast, roasted to med.

[gvideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8000&hl=en[/gvideo]
Kirk
LMWDP #116

CoffeeOwl

#186: Post by CoffeeOwl »

I love to see someone use the same cups as me (I live sooo far away)! Do you also drink from them regularly?

The video is nice, I only pity the light a bit.

mrgnomer

#187: Post by mrgnomer »

Sorry about the light. One thing to work on.

Yes, the cup is my regular espresso cup. I use it all the time. I've etched graduations in it with a dremel so I can check on the shot volume from time to time.

Kirk
LMWDP #116

DC

#188: Post by DC »

I haven't posted a vid for months, here's a recent one, 8 day old Monsoon Malabar, made for a loverly Americano :)

«missing video»
Dave

jesawdy

#189: Post by jesawdy »

DC wrote:I haven't posted a vid for months, here's a recent one, 8 day old Monsoon Malabar, made for a loverly Americano :)
The Silvia is such a quiet machine isn't it?:lol:

Glad too see (hear) my old one is just as loud as a new one...
Jeff Sawdy

mrgnomer

#190: Post by mrgnomer »

Nice Silvia pull! I counted 35 sec on that extraction which puts it into a ristretto range. It pulled like a ristretto. The volume looked high. Was that a double or triple?
Kirk
LMWDP #116