Taste n Learn: turbo shots, light roast edition. - Page 10

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
marcbrewcoffee

#91: Post by marcbrewcoffee »

Thanks for the tip on the Micra.

For those that have subbed to Tim Wendelboe, can I check how big are each bags that they send per month? Or do the size vary depending on the coffee sent that month?

Chert (original poster)

#92: Post by Chert (original poster) »

250g

I would also check the website of Tim Windelboe and faq page.
LMWDP #198

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#93: Post by Milligan »

The Pacamara has been my favorite this month. The Karinga Kenyan coffee runs just behind with more acidity, wine, and dark berry/currant. I'm not getting the florals as much out of the Kenyan, perhaps if I pull back extraction they will shine a bit better over the fruits. The Geisha is good but I've only had a couple of cups and haven't really dialed it in yet. It doesn't need to be pushed as hard as the others. Another great set from Wendleboe. Well worth the price.

MNate

#94: Post by MNate »

The Pacamara is really good. It's the only one we opened before heading out for our Christmas travels but we liked it even better than last months without dialing it in to its best yet.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#95: Post by LBIespresso »

Loving the Pacamara. I'm glad I forgot to put the sub on hold!
LMWDP #580

Chert (original poster)

#96: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I am on my second month of the subscription. It was a mistake, but a tasty one, to continue beyond November.

Before I run out of Windelboe coffee I am going to dust off my Visualizer membership and try to squeak a bit more learning out of this Taste n Learn.

Are any of you using Visualizer? (It's not just for Decent users, anymore): https://visualizer.coffee/
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#97: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I have been using visualizer this week and today I pulled the December sub Kenya Karinga by three profiles: FWOturbo, Classic espresso 5 and Extractamundo Dos. But I discover I don't know how to display those visualizer graphs to home-barista. Maybe I will figure it out or maybe when I pay for a month of the premium visualizer, that capability is allowed. ( I shall see, and search HB for visualizer tips)
LMWDP #198

Jeff
Team HB

#98: Post by Jeff »

A link and a screenshot should work. That way someone can get the gist of it without clicking away, or go deep for details if they want.

Chert (original poster)

#99: Post by Chert (original poster) »

The screen shot is what i wanted to use, but I find I can't capture the entire graph with the text around it. I'm not sure how to do that for the visualizer graphs.
LMWDP #198