Shot not tasting right - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
happycat

#11: Post by happycat »

Momoe wrote:so now I am confused. I have tried to figure out my boiler and thermostats etc but the only "Schematic" manual I can find for it is in Italian. according to this, there are 3 thermostats and 2 heating elements. not true. I had it open and there are only 2. but to throw a twist in the mix, there is a thermofuse. I isolated which thermostat is for the brew and which is for the steam. Question is, do I remove the brew thermostat and replace it with my thermocouple and then wire the heating element to the SSR? what do I do with the thermofuse?

<image>
I used a kit from Auber... it came with all the parts and instructions.

Conceptually, the thermostat for the boiler is replaced with the measurement end of a thermocouple set into a screw that screws into the thermostat hole. The other end of the thermocouple goes to the PID to provide real-time measurement of temperature. The PID monitors the incoming temperature reading and compares it to the desired setpoint. The PID activates the solid state relay which controls the power wire for the boiler element, the PID aims to click the power wire on and off to ramp temperature up to but not far over the setpoint and then keep it there,

I don't know about the thermofuse. User oldNuc might have a thorough explanation as he seems knowledgeable in engineering issues. You could invite him to comment via PM.
LMWDP #603