RDT on a Ceado E37S

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks.
leonelbego

Postby leonelbego » Aug 14, 2019, 4:36 pm

Hi all,

I have a new Ceado E37S and I will start to try single dose with it. Do you know if I can "RDT" (adding moisture to the beans before grinding to avoid static) without damaging the Burr? I know with Titanium Burrs this is not an issue but is it ok with the normal burr or will eventually oxidate after time?

Thanks a lot,
Leo

sweaner
Supporter ♡

Postby sweaner » Aug 14, 2019, 8:01 pm

I don't think that one can damage anything on any grinder by using RDT.
If anyone says different I would like to see the evidence. I have been using RDT on my Niche, with no evidence of an issue even though RDT was not recommended. I just cleaned it today after about 8 weeks, and minimal retention was noted.
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com

leonelbego

Postby leonelbego » replying to sweaner » Aug 14, 2019, 8:18 pm

I think to be able to oxidate a burr needs quite a bit longer than only 8 weeks. Probably more like 1-2 years.

On a different note, out of curiosity, how do you like your Niche? I have heard lots of mixed feelings. Are you happy with it? (I hope so)

Thank you

sweaner
Supporter ♡

Postby sweaner » replying to leonelbego » Aug 15, 2019, 8:45 pm

I have had the Niche for much longer than 8 weeks, just noting how long since I cleaned it. There has been a concern that RDT would result in some caking of the grounds with retention. I have not found that to be true. I have been RDTing my Pharos and Lido 2 for a few years without any burr issues.

I love the Niche, it is my #1 grinder now.
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com

leonelbego

Postby leonelbego » replying to sweaner » Aug 16, 2019, 1:17 am

Excellent :) thank you very much. Will try it.