PID shot timer always counting, Profitec Pro 700

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
spearfish25

#1: Post by spearfish25 »

Hoping you guys have a fix for this one. I upgrade the PID on my Profitec Pro 700 using the kit from WLL. Install went off without a hitch and when I transferred wire from one PID to the other, I did it one wire at a time to ensure I put them in the right place.

I just filled the boiler and want to do a leak check. After the boiler filled, I changed the FIL over to 0 like the video describes. Then I cycled the power and noticed that right after the PID powers up, it just perpetually counts upwards with the shot timer running even without the pump active. Brew lever is in the down position.

Any ideas?

spearfish25 (original poster)

#2: Post by spearfish25 (original poster) »

Figured it out. I have an older Pro 700. The connector on the top right of the PID (when looking at the PID face) needs to be red wire on the right. The old model Pro700 has a simple two pin connector with a notch guide that only allows installation in the wrong orientation on the female connector on the PID. The old PID didn't have a female connector and they just hot glued the two pin connector in place. I had to pull the female 5 pin connector housing off the pins on the new PID to let the old connector seat in the correct orientation.

Worth noting that the video DOES NOT address this as they use a new Pro 700 that has a male 5 pin connector with the two wires. It forces the correct orientation where the old two pin connector forces the wrong orientation.

Also remember the water reservoir has to be in position or the PID won't power on. I was thinking i had a power problem and then reinstalled the reservoir and all was right again.