New Non Dairy Alternative - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks.
slipchuck

Postby slipchuck » May 02, 2018, 8:59 am

EvergreenBuzzBuzz wrote:Hmmm trying Ripple regular this am and I gotta say its pretty damn good. Compared to whole milk in 8oz you go from 5 to .5 grams of saturated fat. That's the rough equivalent of 78 9oz steaks a years if you consume 2 4oz cappuccinos a day. So for someone trying to keep heart and other disease away it's worth trying to see if you like it. I think it better than going the 1% milk or 2% milk route especially with the sat fat reductions.

Here's the line up they have -

<image>

I thought I would give it a try until I saw the price... $8 CAD. Not a lot for some people but is for me :)

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

EvergreenBuzzBuzz

Postby EvergreenBuzzBuzz » replying to slipchuck » May 02, 2018, 9:24 am

Agreed, not cheap. However far cheaper than major medical procedures. I would rather buy this than pay for doctors. I am trying to making systemic diet changes and am willing to try this one in that regard. As I turn 60 in June, it is worth it for that reason.

Randy G.

Postby Randy G. » May 02, 2018, 12:09 pm

For a few years we made our own soymilk using a home machine. As you said, fill, push a button and it did the rest. We were getting a variety of soybeans grown in the midwest. They were a variety that did not have the "bean" taste and they made excellent soymilk. We were buying it in 50 pound bags but the company changed to Yahoo shipping and the price was ridiculous so we stopped. We tried "regular' soybeans and did not like the taste.

But it is correct that a lot of people have lactose intolerance and do not know it. Milk - Chevy Chase Speaks Out For Milk - SN (1975) - 1:50 (USA)
Espresso! My Espresso!
http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com

yakster

Postby yakster » Nov 05, 2018, 7:57 pm

I just saw that the cafe here at work is now offering Ripple Pea Milk for their milk drinks.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

snjsanders

Postby snjsanders » Nov 08, 2018, 12:10 pm

This is the best I've tried so far.