NASA in Desperate Need of John Weiss

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Marshall

#1: Post by Marshall »

"By Amanda Beck

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) June 8, 2008 - Dirt that the Phoenix Mars Lander scooped recently from the planet's surface may be too clumpy to be analyzed by the machine's onboard system, NASA reported on Saturday."
Marshall
Los Angeles

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#2: Post by RapidCoffee »

Dear NASA:

Cut the bottom off a yogurt cup. Take a dissecting needle and ... :P
John

Spresso_Bean

#3: Post by Spresso_Bean »

Haha that is hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#4: Post by RapidCoffee »

Actually, I've had dealings with NASA before.

<brag>
The satellite-borne MODIS instrument was launched into earth orbit in late 1999. I headed up a team that wrote the initial image processing software, which is still in use today. We won the NASA Space Act Award in 2001 for this work, for which I'm justly proud.
</brag>
John

shadowfax

#5: Post by shadowfax »

Zing™

:D
Nicholas Lundgaard

cannonfodder
Team HB

#6: Post by cannonfodder »

If you worked for NASA, you would call it Polyvinyl Chloride specimen redirection and containment vessel, then agitate with a precision billet milled high carbon probe using concentrically overlapping circles. Then charge them $100K for a white yogurt cup and needle.
Dave Stephens

Marshall (original poster)

#7: Post by Marshall (original poster) »

RapidCoffee wrote:Actually, I've had dealings with NASA before.

<brag>
The satellite-borne MODIS instrument was launched into earth orbit in late 1999. I headed up a team that wrote the initial image processing software, which is still in use today. We won the NASA Space Act Award in 2001 for this work, for which I'm justly proud.
</brag>
Actually, my office is in Pasadena, and there are senior JPL people in my Rotary Club. I'll suggest the yogurt cup to them (giving you full credit, of course).
Marshall
Los Angeles

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#8: Post by RapidCoffee »

Marshall wrote:Actually, my office is in Pasadena, and there are senior JPL people in my Rotary Club. I'll suggest the yogurt cup to them (giving you full credit, of course).
Make it the, uh...
cannonfodder wrote:If you worked for NASA, you would call it Polyvinyl Chloride specimen redirection and containment vessel, then agitate with a precision billet milled high carbon probe using concentrically overlapping circles. Then charge them $100K for a white yogurt cup and needle.
... what Dave said. We can split the proceeds three ways. :lol:

P.S. - I've worked with JPL before, on an interferometric synthetic aperture radar project back in the 90's. We did some pretty cool 3-D mapping work. But that's enough rocket science for a Sunday...
John

Fullsack

#9: Post by Fullsack »

You guys are too funny, thanks, I needed a laugh today.
cannonfodder wrote:If you worked for NASA, you would call it Polyvinyl Chloride specimen redirection and containment vessel, then agitate with a precision billet milled high carbon probe using concentrically overlapping circles. Then charge them $100K for a white yogurt cup and needle.
This is why I read every post of Dave's, no matter what my level of interest in the thread.
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams

cannonfodder
Team HB

#10: Post by cannonfodder »

RapidCoffee wrote:... what Dave said. We can split the proceeds three ways. :lol:

P.S. - I've worked with JPL before, on an interferometric synthetic aperture radar project back in the 90's. We did some pretty cool 3-D mapping work. But that's enough rocket science for a Sunday...
I launched a rocket once in the back field.

One of my uncles worked for NASA in Florida, the other was a chief engineer for Bowing, worked on one of those funny black plains.

At least they did not calculate their decent in metric and then punch in the numbers as feet, they did that once.
Dave Stephens