Mocha Cappuccino - What's the Secret - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks.
C-Antonio

#11: Post by C-Antonio » Sep 06, 2019, 10:26 pm

Cocoa, made as a paste with milk first then diluted a bit then mixing and a bit more etc wont make clumps, takes patience, the paste does wet every part of the cocoa "dust" so it doesn't clump, Also fat, something like coconut butter for example, will wet exerything so less clumps.
If you mix sugar too then mix the dry first and liquid after, the sugar will tend to separate the cocoa a bit facilitating the wetting, doesnt resolve but helps.
Other thing is warming the milk, it will thin it a bit.
Blender instead is the easiest way to put together some chocolate milk without heat, left there it separates a bit but a shake gets it back in shape, so it can be prepared beforehand.
jpender wrote:Is that the same thing as a Marocchino or are they different?
no its different
“Eh sì sì sì…sembra facile (fare un buon caffè)!”

johnX

#12: Post by johnX » Sep 08, 2019, 6:14 pm

I use chocolate syrup...
+1 with the Ghirardelli chocolate syrup
Currently I am using Trader-Joe's Midnight Moo
For my next bottle, I will go back to Ghiradelli's

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Nunas » Sep 08, 2019, 9:58 pm

I don't use chocolate syrup since reading the label on a couple of them. The greatest single ingredient is not cocoa, it's sugar, sometimes listed in multiple forms. There are also other chemicals including potassium sorbate, salt, and lecithin. Cocoa, on the other hand, both the natural and the Dutch is pure ground cocoa. I prefer the Dutch process, as it is less acidic. By steaming it with a bit of milk, as I originally posted, I have no lumps or residue, not even a spoon to clean up. This allows me to add the amount of sugar that I want, which I'm reasonably sure is less than what comes with the liquid chocolate sauces.

expy98

#14: Post by expy98 » Sep 11, 2019, 1:55 pm

Not the fastest way and usually without shots... I make hot chocolate for kids with cocoa powder and raw sugar. Add both to the pitcher with milk, stir to get most of the clumps out first before steaming and stir afterward if nec. Add a few small marshmallows and dust some cocoa on top to hide any visual defects :-).