Mano Lite: A Short Guide to Dialing in Espresso SOs and Blends - Page 5

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
cafeIKE

#41: Post by cafeIKE »

mitch236 wrote:5 shots of 20gm grounds giving 30gm of liquid in 30 seconds that all taste the same
+1, except "C ± 0.1 grams of coffee giving L ± 1 grams of liquid in T ± 1 seconds" where C, L and T are not explicit numbers. Some poor n00b will try to squeeze 20g in a standard Faema basket. Some multi bean, multi roast coffees aren't capable of ±.0 precision. The explicit number are for a triple basket and a shot style not all coffees are capable of and not all appreciate.

mitch236
Supporter ♡

#42: Post by mitch236 replying to cafeIKE »

Yes, you're right! I was simply giving an example but I can see how that would get misunderstood, thanks.

Maxwell Mooney

#43: Post by Maxwell Mooney »

You know how when you were a little kid and you thought you knew a bunch about the world, then one day you heard a conversation that blew your mind and made you realize how little you actually know about anything? That definitely just happened after reading this thread.
"Coffee is evidence of Divine Grace, flavored coffee evidence of the Fall" -Kevin Hall

LMWDP #406

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#44: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

Thanks. I remember being that kid; that's high praise indeed
Jim Schulman

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#45: Post by Peppersass »

Maxwell Mooney wrote:You know how when you were a little kid and you thought you knew a bunch about the world, then one day you heard a conversation that blew your mind and made you realize how little you actually know about anything? That definitely just happened after reading this thread.
Little kid? This happens to me at least once a week!