Making it easier...

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
ash4889

#1: Post by ash4889 »

I just bought a few accessories to help when making a cup. I was able to purchase the Ethiopian Medium Roast and found the most amazing local coffee roaster in Fort Lauderdale called The Chosen Bean. They even ship products to you. BTW pictures are in the coffee roasters warehouse.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

That wood on your tamper is beautiful!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Aida Batlle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Batlle
ash4889 (original poster)

#3: Post by ash4889 (original poster) » replying to TomC »

I wish I could take the credit for that, it was refinished by our forum member cannonfodder Dave Stephen's....... Got it from the temper manufacturer rough shape, But Dave helped me out and made it perfect.

SandraF

#4: Post by SandraF »

Have you ever timed to see how long it takes to grind your dose using that method? :D

I've got the Atom 75 - 18g takes 3 seconds & exits the chute very fluffy. After that I wouldn't want anything that takes longer.

Ken5
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Ken5 »

How many rpm's is that drill?

Nice idea, but it seems to take way too long. On my Kinu it takes 60 to 80 rotations of the handle to grind 17 grams of beans. At 2 revolutions per second, 120 rpm's, it takes 35 to 40 seconds.

#6: Post by ash4889 (original poster) »

I use a lighter roast so it takes a much longer, the Kinu doing 14 g it would take a 135 rotations. don't know how many RPM's this drill has, But it's 12 V and very powerful and I've got a little arthritis so it's perfect for me. And one thing I gotta tell you I've had every type of grinder sold, have finally found something that I really love and intend to keep. But when it gets kind of difficult for me to do more than 28 g, I always have that drill that's perfect.

Ken5
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Ken5 »

Is there a way to slow it down? Does it behave the same way, timing wise when extracting as when you compare it to the hand grind?

Curious as to the rpm comparison of the drill to a grinder. I will investigate after I close this. Just seems way too long and way too many rotations.

I am not sure how I got so lucky with a hand grinder that grinds so quickly.

Ken

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore

#8: Post by ash4889 (original poster) »

Test

#9: Post by ash4889 (original poster) »

I can it's a variable speed drill, But it really is not that long compared to when I have to hand grind. You have to remember I use a light roast bean, That takes around a 125 rotations to get me a 14 g shot. And I really really love the commandante grinder, The Kinu was great but the Comandante is just something else. And just one quick note the shot I was pulling was not really there, I changed my grind and I didn't recalibrate recalibrate the grinder.