Lunar Scale Owners- which of the six modes do you use? - Page 9

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
homeburrero
Team HB

#81: Post by homeburrero »

I just leave mine in mode 2 for everything I do, and manually start/stop my espresso timing as I hit the brew lever. I like that it doesn't auto reset on me, so if I want to record a shot I can take my time to set up a single phone photo that records time, grams out, and even my grinder's setting:

Pat
nínádiishʼnahgo gohwééh náshdlį́į́h

erik82

#82: Post by erik82 »

I might change to doing that also as mine resets quite frequently when doing long PI. I did set everything to max on the newest firmware but even then it does reset the time while the weight fortunately doesn't reset so still able to pull the weight I want.

spressomon

#83: Post by spressomon »

Same here @homeburreo. Simply works.
No Espresso = Depresso

dandua98

#84: Post by dandua98 »

Only the manual timer with scale mode, which kinda makes me feel like this scale was a waste (of $$$) but since I'm interested in trying flow profiling in the future I don't mind it. The automatic modes are a bit problematic for me, I don't want the timer to keep going for those last few drips once I've turned off the pump and the auto tare functionality is too fast and makes me feel rushed. The auto timer from flow start is useless since I prefer timing from pump start instead.

yertchuk
Supporter ♡

#85: Post by yertchuk »

I use mine as a scale only, no additional functions. Don't need a timer since I have the Luminaire on my LMLM. I went for the Acacia after going through several cheap scales from Amazon.

Ken5

#86: Post by Ken5 »

dandua98 wrote:The automatic modes are a bit problematic for me, I don't want the timer to keep going for those last few drips once I've turned off the pump and the auto tare functionality is too fast and makes me feel rushed.
In modes 4 and 5 you can manually stop the timer by tapping the power button. Might help with your first issue.

rccoleman

#87: Post by rccoleman »

Just wanted to mention that the latest Lunar firmware update (v2.6.013) finally addresses the issue of premature stoppage that I mentioned a year and a half ago - it waits for 12s following the first drop before engaging the auto-stop timer. It specifically targets slow dripping in the beginning of a shot.

Ypuh

#88: Post by Ypuh »

dandua98 wrote:Only the manual timer with scale mode, which kinda makes me feel like this scale was a waste (of $$$) but since I'm interested in trying flow profiling in the future I don't mind it. The automatic modes are a bit problematic for me, I don't want the timer to keep going for those last few drips once I've turned off the pump and the auto tare functionality is too fast and makes me feel rushed. The auto timer from flow start is useless since I prefer timing from pump start instead.
You can use mode 5, where it auto-tares and starts the timer as soon as you place the cup on the scale.

Step 1: Place cup on scale, will trigger auto-tare and start timer, activate pump
Step 2: Let it run for 30 seconds and stop pump
Step 3: Scale will auto-stop when flow stops or you remove the cup

What bugs me is that you can't use this feature if you use the same scale to weigh your coffee in. I just read here it might be helpful to turn off the modes you don't use and easily/only be able to switch between mode 1 (just weighing) and mode 5.
I don't want a Decent

lucasd

#89: Post by lucasd »

This is the way I use, I enable only normal mode and auto-tare-start mode for espresso. I disable auto reset.
Works in most cases fine, easy and fast switch between 2 modes.

GreavesManchu

#90: Post by GreavesManchu »

I don't knw what mode it is I auto tare and auto start.I use a different scale for dosing