Lelit Anna with Ascaso basket

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
jkapvt

#1: Post by jkapvt »

Just wanted to throw this out for anyone who may have a Lelit Anna. I've have a PL41TEM. Been using the stock filter basket for about 4 years. I decided to switch it out for the Ascaso Precision Ridgeless 14g filter basket. This made a massive improvement in the consistency of my shot. It's noticeably easier to pull a good shot... there's more room for error it seems. Also, before making this change, I started using a WDT tool which was helpful, but the basket resulted in the largest improvement. Both of these can be had for a total of maybe 30 USD. Totally worth it.

FYI - The basket has less of a curve at the bottom but it is a bit narrower. It holds about 0.5-1.0g more than the stock basket and while my 57.5mm tamper fit in the stock basket, I have to use a 57mm for this basket and even then it's kind of tight.

Hope this is helpful to someone. Wish I knew this a long time ago.

MochaMike

#2: Post by MochaMike »

I have the same machine with the same Ascaso basket. My Lelit 57.35 mm tamper is a little tight with this basket, and I'm wondering if I should buy a 57 mm tamper to fix this problem. I'm still able to tamp with the 57.35 mm tamper but it's presses up against the walls of the basket...perhaps this is affecting my extractions.

Which 57 mm tamper are you using? I wanted to buy a self leveling tamper since I have a hard time tamping evenly but I can't find a good option for the stupid 57 mm portafilter.

jkapvt (original poster)

#3: Post by jkapvt (original poster) »

I have this one:

https://us.kromedispense.com/product/co ... 7mm-basic/

I'm not sure it's going to be any better than what you have though. I definitely have to be a bit careful since it is a bit tight but it has been usable especially after getting used to it being a bit tight. I've thought of taken a grinder to it to see if I can take just a bit of material off of it all around but haven't yet. It does look like 56mm tampers exist. I'd like to try it if I can find one less expensive than this:

https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/prim ... g%20clicks