Issues when using my DeLongi EC155m - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Alastor (original poster)

#11: Post by Alastor (original poster) »

iploya wrote:Just catching up. Yeah, I didn't realize you were using an aftermarket PF but that explains the blowout you described. Not a high-end machine and probably not designed to be compatible with other PFs (though I can understand trying to get it to work).
Yeah, I thought about this for a long time, and figured that had to have something to do with it. I am saving up for my next machine while trying to get the most out of this one.

I went back and restarted dialing it in with a clean gasket and head, and was able to get a dose of 16g at a 10 setting on my grinder to run through without leaks. It is still running a little fast, so my plan is to bring down the grind setting and see how it behaves, and plan on more conscientious cleaning between shots. Also I need to work on distribution and tamping. The last shot I had started uniformly, but I had some spraying towards the beginning, so still lots to work on.

Alastor (original poster)

#12: Post by Alastor (original poster) »

Just wanted to send a final update, I moved back to my original PF and depressurized it again. Once I moved back to that one, I had no problems with leaks and was able to dial in a 14g shot in 27-30 seconds that tasted great. Thanks for all of the information and tips, I appreciate it.
★ Helpful