How to choose right size/shape frothing pitcher - Page 3

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
EspressoGirl (original poster)

#21: Post by EspressoGirl (original poster) »

Based on what Dave said. I really should use an 8 oz one because I only will steam 4 oz max. Just one drink.

I haven't seen 8 oz pitchers ANYWHERE on line and the only 10 oz. pitchers all have that angle I don't like.

If anyone knows a source for straight sided 8 or 10 oz, please let me know..

BTW:
I used to use a ceramic pitcher with a great spout that I love. Is the only reason people say it has to be ss material because of feeling for the temperature?

Thanks all.

HB
Admin

#22: Post by HB »

I recommend getting a 12 ounce pitcher and accepting 2 ounces of wasted milk per drink. Generally speaking, it's harder to steam smaller amounts of milk because you have less time to recognize the stretching (air injection) and texturing phases. Focus on developing the techniques necessary to create a superior drink. Once you can do that consistently, then strive for efficiency.

"When you can steam my morning cappuccino with
no waste, it will be time for you to leave."
Dan Kehn

cafeIKE

#23: Post by cafeIKE »

EspressoGirl wrote:BTW:
I used to use a ceramic pitcher with a great spout that I love. Is the only reason people say it has to be ss material because of feeling for the temperature?
A thermometer removes all need for feeling. It ain't macho, but it's accurate :wink: and repeatable with hot or cold hands.