Great tips and tricks

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Jayhov

#1: Post by Jayhov »

lance hedrick on youtube is basically offering masterclass on espresso and coffee on youtube and has barely any subscribers.. he even mentioned HB on one of his videos of his BDB .. somebody HELP this man out!
more subs obviously means monetization and more videos. we all could use more high quality coffee videos.
He had a great one on latte art and it instantly helped me so much, I've been trying for so long and was able to get good art on my next pull thanks to him.

http://www.youtube.com/c/LanceHedrick/videos

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by PIXIllate »

Masterclass might be a bit of a stretch. His content seems aimed at an even more general audience than JH. Most folks here are a bit more involved in advanced espresso techniques.

He does appear to be good at lattle art though.

PeetsFan

#3: Post by PeetsFan »

He only started a few months ago. His production quality is good, but he doesn't have JH's barber. And his advice seems good but I find his format a little annoying:

I'm going to tell you something.
And now I'll repeat it.
I'm repeating it again.
Now I'll repeat it.

New Fact!
I'll repeat the first fact.
Now I'll repeat the second fact.
Repeat again...

But maybe people love that. He's gaining followers pretty quickly. I think he'll do fine.

chanty 77

#4: Post by chanty 77 replying to PeetsFan »

I've watched one of his youtubes on making cappuccinos. I pretty much do it fine now, but just wanted to see if there were any tips I was missing. I thought he was great. I don't mind the repetition. I think going over things is what engrains it into one's brain moreso.

Jayhov (original poster)

#5: Post by Jayhov (original poster) »

PIXIllate wrote:Masterclass might be a bit of a stretch. His content seems aimed at an even more general audience than JH. Most folks here are a bit more involved in advanced espresso techniques.

He does appear to be good at lattle art though.

lol yea your right.. most ppl here are a bit more involved.. before I even posted here I spent about a year reading tons of info on random coffee stuff.. such a rabbit hole.
whenever I run into someone into coffee I literally spend like 30 mins talking about coffee.
although I wish there was some channels like this when I started my coffee journey.

chanty 77

#6: Post by chanty 77 »

Jayhov wrote: lol yea your right.. most ppl here are a bit more involved.. before I even posted here I spent about a year reading tons of info on random coffee stuff.. such a rabbit hole.
whenever I run into someone into coffee I literally spend like 30 mins talking about coffee.
although I wish there was some channels like this when I started my coffee journey.
When I start talking to my husband about espresso and the art of making it, etc., etc., I think I see his eyes glaze over.

guijan12

#7: Post by guijan12 »

He does a lot of talking, but tbh I think he's a pretty good teacher.
Repeating the lesson is the base of learning, isn't it.....?
He explains the basics very well en step by step.

He may professionalize a bit and shorten the video to 10, max. 15 minutes. :wink:
Regards,

Guido

DamianWarS

#8: Post by DamianWarS »

Jayhov wrote:lance hedrick on youtube is basically offering masterclass on espresso and coffee on youtube and has barely any subscribers.. he even mentioned HB on one of his videos of his BDB .. somebody HELP this man out!
more subs obviously means monetization and more videos. we all could use more high quality coffee videos.
He had a great one on latte art and it instantly helped me so much, I've been trying for so long and was able to get good art on my next pull thanks to him.

video
I just discovered him a couple of months ago and I've been enjoying his videos. it's not your typical "watch me spend money on stuff" youtube void and it's actual usable instruction intented for teaching. JH seems to have deep pocket's with his patreon which is great content to watch but it's refreshing to see more realistic side of a home barista too, someone who actually likes milky drinks and has/uses espresso machine at him home.