Good small milk pitcher - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
spressomon

#11: Post by spressomon »

Jeff wrote:Me too, but I believe the smallest Europa is 25 cL and the creamer is only 7 cL. Did I miss something around 15 cL?
https://www.metallurgicamotta.it/linea- ... ilk%20Jugs
I have a couple 25cl SS 901 Motta pitchers and they're a little small for getting good swirl for micro foam for small caps; I typically use the 35cl version instead as it has more space. I like the heft as well as the shape.
No Espresso = Depresso

TallDan

#12: Post by TallDan »

Don't think the mottas have the graduation on the inside, do they? I'm a big fan of that on the decent pitcher that I have.

I don't even care if the markings are wildly inaccurate, it makes consistency easy.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#13: Post by baldheadracing replying to TallDan »

<a little humour>What? You don't weigh your milk? How are ever going to get consistent cappuccinos, cortados, and lattés if you don't weigh your milk?!? </a little humour>

:mrgreen:
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by emradguy »

+1 Motta lover.

and purchased one of these tiny DailyArt pitchers for the same reason Jeff did. The smallest Motta Europa is 25cl.
LMWDP #748

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by emradguy »

TallDan wrote:Don't think the mottas have the graduation on the inside, do they? I'm a big fan of that on the decent pitcher that I have.
I have a couple of internally marked pitchers too (besides my 2 or every size Motta Europas). I've got the BH pitchers, and a Fellow pitcher. I don't think the internal marks help at all with consistency. It's easy enough to fill with cold milk the same every time using relation to the bottom of the spout.
LMWDP #748

TallDan

#16: Post by TallDan replying to emradguy »

Well, sure, if you want to steam <bottom of spout>ml every time. I've been using different marks for my drinks vs my wife's. For her's, i'd fill to the 175ml mark, for mine, 125ml (which was about the least amount of milk I could easily steam in the decent jug).

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by emradguy »

Sorry. I meant to say they don't help ME at all. To each their own, yeah?
LMWDP #748

Jeff
Team HB

#18: Post by Jeff »

Mine arrived today and was a bit larger than I expected.

Although the Amazon page indicates 5.4 oz. (~160 mL), the pitcher "instructions" show 6.5 oz (~190 mL).
Measuring the capacity to the brim, it is about 215 mL.

Edit: My error in not reading the Amazon listing carefully, "CAPACITY: 200ml / 6.5fl.Oz to the top."

In the photo, you can see the interior mark of 160 mL.
There are graduations on the inside of 3 oz, 5 oz, 100 mL, and 160 mL

The quality seems average for no-name pitchers. Nothing I can really fault at the $10 price.

Similarly measuring my 35 cL Motta, if anything, it's a hair under 350 mL.

The cup, for scale, is an old Nuova Point Milano espresso, around 65-70 mL.

TallDan

#19: Post by TallDan »

Used mine for the first time this morning and made a big mess. Guess I need less steam power with such a small pitcher. :lol:

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#20: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

TallDan wrote:Don't think the mottas have the graduation on the inside, do they? I'm a big fan of that on the decent pitcher that I have.

I don't even care if the markings are wildly inaccurate, it makes consistency easy.

+1 with @sopressomon on the Mottas and the size. You don't really need the markings with the 11.5oz one. Agree the 8.5 is too small. You quickly adjust to filling it in relation to where the spout starts. That meets your wildly (in)accurate standard. If I want milk for her cap and a little bit left for me for a macchiato I go to the base of the spout, and if not below it.

There is something about the Motta that just brings joy. Plus you can get colors. We use red so they stand out in the fridge, cause last thing you want in the morning is not finding the cold pitcher.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart