First time - La Marzocco Linea Mini w/ Ceado E37S - Espresso lacks intensity and body - Page 4

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
jgood

#31: Post by jgood »

dionaeafan wrote:\
14 g in -> 26 g out 26 seconds total
Personally I like a more ristretto taste - maybe you do too? Try something in the range of 20 gr in and 30 - 35 grams out. For me that's the sweet spot. For a dark roast the 20/30; for a medium 20/35. You want a basket big enough for the dose but not a giant triple basket -- I like the ESPRESSO PARTS HQ 21+G RIDGELESS BASKET -- they're something like $9. YMMV!

linuxAndJavaScript

#32: Post by linuxAndJavaScript »

I just upgraded from a Silvia to a Linea Mini. I can't say I notice a bland taste like in the original post. However, I am still using my Compak K3 grinder. The Ceado ES7 is still my closet... haven't bothered yet to try it with the Mini but I probably will once I get used to the Mini. Also, using 15 gram VST basket that I had on the Silvia. Depending on variables like my mood, palette, temp, and age of beans... I can get a shot that is a lot better than the Silvia. But other times, I get a shot that isn't really better than the Silvia.

Advertisement
pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by pcofftenyo replying to linuxAndJavaScript »

That last sentence shows just how revealing the Linea Mini is. Inconsistencies in prep or bean show in the cup.

cyclezib

#34: Post by cyclezib »

The grind numbers on your E37S are a reference point for you and not fixed. The dial with the numbers will rotate and is held down with magnets. Your grind adjustment is separate from the dial. The intention of the numbered dial is once you get your grind close to what you want, you turn the dial to put 1 or zero as the reference point. You then can adjust coarser or finer from that reference point. Key point, zero doesn't mean that is the finest you can grind. Your numbers cannot translate to another Ceado grinder. Your number 1 is different from another Ceado grinder's number 1.