Caramel Macchiato

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
ors_86

#1: Post by ors_86 »

Hello !

I am searching to find out how i can make Caramel Macchiato (like Starbucks) at my own.

I have found some receipts but i havent found what brand of vanilla and caramel syrup i need.

Has anyone experience ?

Smo

#2: Post by Smo »

Don't be offended.
There is no need to add flavorings to the coffee.
This is no longer coffee ...

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
ors_86 (original poster)

#3: Post by ors_86 (original poster) »

I know that, for years i drink only straight espresso - no milk - only a little sugar.

Now i am looking for am alternative.

I dont want to compare espresso with macchiato.

In my opinion, even you have the best coffee, you need a break, otherwise after years you get used to it and not apriciate it. :D

thirdcrackfourthwave

#4: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave »

ors_86 wrote:Hello !

I am searching to find out how i can make Caramel Macchiato (like Starbucks) at my own.

I have found some receipts but i havent found what brand of vanilla and caramel syrup i need.

Has anyone experience ?
I don't have direct experience with Caramel Macchiato but I do have experience mucking about in a pastry kitchen. The caramel I've seen on people's drinks looks like it is just a caramel sauce, just get some from the 'ice cream topping' section of the store. Vanilla syrup is just a simple syrup 1:1 by volume sugar to water with so something like 200 ml water to 200 grams of sugar heated until sugar is dissolved then add about a tablespoon of vanilla extract and see if that gets you what you are looking for.

Auctor
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by Auctor »

Consider me a philistine - the caramel macchiato was one of my favorite drinks when I put sugar in my coffee. For the caramel, I think anything will do. It's about the drizzle - the more or less you prefer. For the vanilla, You have a few options:

1) Buy their vanilla sauce and follow this recipe: https://athome.starbucks.com/recipe/caramel-macchiato

2) make your own vanilla sauce (lots of copycat recipes online)

3) buy Torani or Monin (both are delicious and slightly different tasting)

The basic recipe for a tall (12 Oz) is as follows: 1 shot of espresso, 2 pumps of vanilla, 10 ounces of steamed milk with a little foam, and drizzle caramel on the top. Very simple. For a grande, it's 2 shots, 3 pumps vanilla, and 14 ounces of steamed milk.