Sharing details + pics to see for feedback if I got lucky, my palate is likely off, or something else.
My plan is to keep settings + technique 'as-is' for a week to see if I can be consistent, taste more, then tune if needed. Thanks for any feedback.
- Lelit Anna + PID, Eureka Mignon Specalitá grinder, Espro tamper
- Locally sourced Colombian med roast ~10 days old
- Filtered tap water
- Hooked up everything with default settings (grind coarseness, PID temp, etc.)
- Primed pump in espresso machine
- Rinsed group head / warmed portafilter
- Ground beans, default grind setting
- Put 18g grinds into double basket, tamped beans until 'click' felt
- 1st pull: 18g @ 95C for 25 seconds, output 59g weight 1:3.27 ratio
- 2nd pull (new grinds): 18g @ 95C for 27 seconds, output 54g weight 1:3 ratio
- My precision scale only goes to 100g so had to grind into basket then put basket into portafilter.
- Basket seemed to overflow before I could fit 18 grams in, so had to spoon some extra in gently. I know it was the double (not single) basket.
- Don't want to keep unplugging / plugging in the unit multiple times a day as the outlet / box will start getting loose, but plugs are in the middle of my kitchen work area. Idea is to leave an proper amp rated low profile extension plugged in and plug the machines into that. Anyone else solved for this?
- I plan to empty the tank after each day's use and leave the lid open for ventilation. Is this overkill?