App for Tracking Espresso Shots

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
TxHr

#1: Post by TxHr »

I'm in search of an app that will allow me to record grinder setting, extraction ratios, temps, tasting notes, roasters, beans, etc. Is there such an app and if so what is the name? I've been unsuccessful in finding anything for espresso. I was hopeful the Acaia app would accomplish this but it's geared more towards pour over.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

Hudson

#2: Post by Hudson »

Are you on an iphone or an android phone? I made an espresso app for this a while back when I was just starting out in Android development. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... spressolog
LMWDP #534

Sideshow

#3: Post by Sideshow »

I'd love to find a good one for iOS.

dominico
Team HB

#4: Post by dominico »

I made a Google form for myself a long time ago.

I logged like 4 shots for it. I've always been a terrible note taker.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

aecletec

#5: Post by aecletec »

Perfect Shot seems pretty useful - have you tried it? I didn't get much use as I found my groove without.

Apogee

#6: Post by Apogee »

VST coffee tools pro. If you have a refractometer truly a valuable tool to improve.

Kellyk

#7: Post by Kellyk replying to Apogee »

$140.00!!

TxHr (original poster)

#8: Post by TxHr (original poster) »

Thanks for the VST suggestion. I'll take a look and see what it has to offer. The pro was $49.99 in the apple App Store.

Apogee

#9: Post by Apogee »

Little known trick is get the regular version VST coffee on the App Store and just buy the espresso portion for $30. The only thing you lose is the pretty graph which is rather worthless if you grasp extraction theory well or just spend the $50. Bargain for how much more consistent it made my coffee with a cheap Brix refractometer from Amazon.

Fluffeepuff

#10: Post by Fluffeepuff »

Hudson wrote:Are you on an iphone or an android phone? I made an espresso app for this a while back when I was just starting out in Android development. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... spressolog
Wow - this app is awesome. It's basically the excel spreadsheet I put together. I have a few additional columns: Coffee, Roast Date, Tamp Pressure (if variable), Brew & Steam Temps (separate), Milk Steam Temp, Milk Type, and Cup size. I know --- that's more variables than what's needed for most humans!

After playing around with your app a bit, I think the only thing that would make your app a tad easier to manage is to integrate a Coffee Type or a Custom Title for each log entry. I can see that if I started working with multiple coffees, having some type of naming format (or a sorting/folder structure) would make it easier to keep track of a large number of coffees.

Just my $0.02, even though it was unsolicited. Thanks for putting this out there! I went ahead and 'removed' the ads on my phone :mrgreen: