Anti-puckology

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Nate42

#1: Post by Nate42 »

Had an amusing observation this morning. For whatever reason (don't know what I did wrong, I was pretty sleepy) I pulled the ugliest bottomless shot I've seen in years on my Robot this morning. It had sort of a super spritzer, a really fast channel that never did heal until I ended the shot. Now I'm not a believer in puckology, but this was so blatant that I thought surely there would be an obvious hole, crack, something. So I was extra careful in purging the excess water and removing the shower screen hoping to see evidence of my channeling in the puck. The result - nothing. Probably the cleanest smoothest puck I've ever seen, top and bottom. Maybe slowly purging the excess water "healed" whatever channel had been there? Who knows. But I think I have demonstrated that not only does an ugly puck not necessarily mean things went wrong, but plainly a pretty puck doesn't mean things went right. :)

As to "how did it taste", I put it into a milk and sugar drink for my wife. She didn't complain. :P

billgiannelli

#2: Post by billgiannelli »

"I put it into a milk and sugar drink for my wife. she didn't complain"
LOL!!!!
too funny
I do the same!

Nate42 (original poster)

#3: Post by Nate42 (original poster) replying to billgiannelli »

Definitely comes in handy to have someone in the house that isn't as picky as you are. :lol: