Acacia Lunar Scale - Phantom Behavior - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#11: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Their support was great with me. Sell it if you don't want the stress. Once I figured out that I shouldn't be steaming with it on the tray and got a new battery that was easy. OH I forgot to mention. They are very specific in terms of battery charging. Follow the manual on that. Some of these other high powered charger could be messing it up.

Just get it fixed, charge it correctly, don't allow steam in, and you will see its the best scale out there. If you don't agree then, just sell it.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

israguard (original poster)

#12: Post by israguard (original poster) »

Good morning,

I have read everyone's kind replies and opened up the scale last night. The plate from the get go was perfectly aligned (just saying)... But I wanted to look @ the battery and I removed the 4 little screws to flip the board over.

I didnt have any alcohol wipes... so I used a dry clean cotton cloth to wipe the board corners which we press on and put things back to place. Right away I noticed a difference when I closed it back up.

I then did a calibration with the 100G weight they included. However, I turn the scale on... and the 00.00 changes to 00.02 up/down and up/down and it doesn't stop. I click on Tare and it does it again.

I will send it in for repair.

Also, I am attaching a picture of the battery. To my eyes it looks fine.

Thank you all for your time. Warmest regards, Shawn