The $2.50 WDT tool - revisited - let's see yours

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Tonefish

#1: Post by Tonefish »

So I wanted to quietly post this to this thread just to give it some company, but "the system" made me start a new one so here goes. I think his looks better but I think I had more fun making mine! :wink: It's also a whisk conversion. If you did one too, Post yours! :D
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

RyanJE

#2: Post by RyanJE »

Tonefish wrote:So I wanted to quietly post this to this thread just to give it some company, but "the system" made me start a new one so here goes. I think his looks better but I think I had more fun making mine! :wink: It's also a whisk conversion. If you did one too, Post yours! :D <image>
Where on earth did you find a bottle of patron for $2.00!?
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

Tonefish (original poster)

#3: Post by Tonefish (original poster) replying to RyanJE »

Hah! Silver Coin Margaritas are my favorite (well, 2nd favorite) summer bev, so I've got lots of those corks around. :lol:

DaveB

#4: Post by DaveB »

A Fortaleza stopper would take it to a whole new level, with the bonus of getting a superior tequila for slightly more money. 8)
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

ojt

#5: Post by ojt »

Heh,

I have a similar, even cheaper solution. Cheaper at least in the sense that I really put zero effort on it so far :)

Will work on this when I have time... but, it does what it needs to do, at least so far.
Osku

#6: Post by Tonefish (original poster) »

ojt wrote:Heh,

I have a similar, even cheaper solution. Cheaper at least in the sense that I really put zero effort on it so far :)

<image>

Will work on this when I have time... but, it does what it needs to do, at least so far.
It would be interesting to try a version of that one with more toothpicks. One of the things I really like about the newer ones I've made with more "fingers" is that the process is much quicker.

mkrissel

#7: Post by mkrissel »

Cake tester. $3.40. Works great!

Ateco Cake Tester https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018AHVSU/re ... xBb0E20DD4

#8: Post by Tonefish (original poster) replying to mkrissel »

Yea, that's what I used before. Does a good job but takes a lot longer.

Moxiechef
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by Moxiechef »

This is my current prototype. Wanted to make sure it worked before turning a handle on the lathe and the buying a drill bit to fit the wire shafts.

It works great!!

#10: Post by Tonefish (original poster) »

Moxiechef wrote:This is my current prototype. Wanted to make sure it worked before turning a handle on the lathe and the buying a drill bit to fit the wire shafts.

It works great!!
Looks great! Thanks for the part info too. I didn't know they sold things like that. I've been prepping for a drilled and turned one too and will definitely check these out.