The $2.50 WDT tool - revisited - let's see yours - Page 4

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks.
Tonefish

Postby Tonefish » Aug 14, 2018, 9:39 pm

IPW20X wrote:Matcha tea whisk with most of the legs cut off.....soft bamboo is easy on my precision baskets.

<image>

Nice!
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

toolate

Postby toolate » Jan 30, 2019, 2:27 pm

anyone try a stainless mini whisk with ends cut off or is the stainless to stiff?

crankles

Postby crankles » Apr 02, 2019, 2:45 pm

posted on the $2.50 thread as well.

Here's my 1st attempt using a $4 ball whisk.

mgwolf

Postby mgwolf » Apr 02, 2019, 4:02 pm

Enclosed is my 3-pronged WDT tool made up of 3 (very cheap) dissecting needles taped together. Works well.

Garand

Postby Garand » Apr 18, 2019, 6:16 pm

Someone may have already posted this somewhere but I had a discovery yesterday for a cheap and almost readymade WDT tool.

It is a Keycap Removal Tool. A wire keycap removal tool is perfect for this job, you just have to cut both wires in the middle and then bend them into small circles if you want to.

This is what it looks like before you click the wires apart

and here is what it would look like after clipping and bending. THIS IS JUST A PROOF OF CONCEPT I KNOW THE CRAFTMANSHIP IS HIDEOUS FORGIVE ME!
ugly as it is, it works GREAT and has this hole so I can place it on my mazzer grind adjustment rod.

mallen4248

Postby mallen4248 » Apr 18, 2019, 10:46 pm

My WDT, it really does work great. It's a bamboo flag skewer that I use for yakitori. The price is very good, as a pack of 100 was less than $10, I think it was a lot less but can't remember. And the flag end works as a great spatula if you overshoot the dose.
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....