Yemeni Coffees - Page 18

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
PBJ

#171: Post by PBJ »

He's learning to roast on a new roaster

Boldjava (original poster)

#172: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

mkane wrote:You must be retired^^^^^^^^^
Very.
-----
LMWDP #339

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#173: Post by Brewzologist »

OK. All you retired guys find us the next Yemeni "unicorn" so we can all buy some and talk about it! 8)

mkane
Supporter ♡

#174: Post by mkane »

On the hunt

Boldjava (original poster)

#175: Post by Boldjava (original poster) »

Brewzologist wrote:OK. All you retired guys find us the next Yemeni "unicorn" so we can all buy some and talk about it! 8)
On the hunt.

-----
LMWDP #339

IMAWriter

#176: Post by IMAWriter »

Boldjava wrote:Thanks, Gary. I started to write my obituary but I saw your post and decided there was too much coffee to roast in the world <winks>.
hey Dave...glad DrG could wake you up...! :lol:

downy_ball

#177: Post by downy_ball »

I looked around but didn't see any one roasting the Yemen Sana'a Ibb Highlands. I was (finally) able to roast a few batches yesterday and was pleased that it seemed to roast pretty easily and evenly with few defects, if any. This morning there's definitely chocolate, cocoa and a bit of dried wood/leather (which I love btw).

I'm resisting the urge to brew and will wait at least 2 more days before trying it. In the meantime just opening the bag and taking a nice long inhalation is keeping me satisfied.

:wink:
Next time someone's teaching, why don't you get taught..."

Frankc1450

#178: Post by Frankc1450 »

I just bought three Yemeni coffees from SM. The Sana Ib Highlands is outstanding! Cocoa, spices, is great as an espresso and my wife loves it for lattes. I roast dark, well into 2c.

bicktrav

#179: Post by bicktrav »

I've got SM's Mokha Matari, which is fantastic. Needs lots of rest though -- several weeks before it peaks.

downy_ball

#180: Post by downy_ball replying to bicktrav »

I find around 10 days is when Yemeni coffees start to shine. Is there a general consensus that coffee from Yemen needs more rest after roasting than coffees from other regions?
Next time someone's teaching, why don't you get taught..."