Sharing a Pink Bourbon - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
GC7

#11: Post by GC7 »

JohnB. wrote:I've got a lb of the Palestina Aquazul Solar Dried P/B out on the roasting table that I'll roast today now that the heat & humidity have dropped off. Still have 7 lbs left in the freezer.
If you have not roasted it yet, the newest offering CJ1405 has a high moisture content and high moisture loss after roast. I've found it needs a bit of a boost at the start of the roast. It's great coffee IMO.

Chert

#12: Post by Chert »

GC7 wrote:... the newest offering CJ1405 ...

Isn't that the one that was on the RCJ list for maybe a day and some concern bought the lot? Talk about bait and switch. Unfortunate that. I just have memories of pink bourbon until 2022 I guess. And they are memories of tastiness!
LMWDP #198

GC7

#13: Post by GC7 »

Chert wrote:
Isn't that the one that was on the RCJ list for maybe a day and some concern bought the lot? Talk about bait and switch. Unfortunate that. I just have memories of pink bourbon until 2022 I guess. And they are memories of tastiness!
Yes- BradM and I split a box very quickly when it was offered. There may be a PB left at Prime. They had 20# left last week. I don't have any as I am flush with greens but I was tempted. They have a Colombian Geisha that tempted me too. I was strong for the short term :D

Bodi Leaf had a wonderful pink bourbon 2 yers ago. They had one this year that is sold out.