Roast and Learn Together - February 2014 - Page 4

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
pShoe

#31: Post by pShoe »

SAS wrote:
In Artisan, click: Roast; Temperature; Celsius Mode. Adjust the Axis in Config as you like.
(Am I beating a dead horse? Or do pShoe and I have to cave in and switch to Fahrenheit? Do some folks have machines that only read in Fahrenheit? PM me with your thoughts.)

I tried to make the switch before, but felt lost during the roast (I know... embarrassing). I'm going to give it a go at some point again. Besides, I feel so unpatriotic roasting and in Celsius :lol:

rgrosz (original poster)

#32: Post by rgrosz (original poster) »

pShoe wrote:I tried to make the switch before, but felt lost during the roast (I know... embarrassing). I'm going to give it a go at some point again. Besides, I feel so unpatriotic roasting in Celsius :lol:
FIFY Using Celsius seems un-Amurrican :P
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

farmroast

#33: Post by farmroast »

maybe programs should have a option of showing both scales for posting, with all the sharing going on.
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

SAS
Supporter ❤

#34: Post by SAS replying to farmroast »

To facilitate learning, let's just all switch Artisan to Fahrenheit and be done with it, Americans or not. That will accommodate the people with roasters that only read in Fahrenheit and we will all have an easier time comparing roasts vs. results.

We rename our threads participants, Roast and Learn Together in F. :wink:

I've already switched.
LMWDP #280
Running on fumes.

#35: Post by 124816 »

I wrote a small website for cataloging my roasts. Last night I added a sharing mode which looks like
this. There's a unit selector at the bottom.

Anyone with a Google account can upload a roast here. (And, slightly off-topic: if anyone has a great profile for that bean I'd love to see it.) If you guys want to use it to share your profiles go nuts. Let me know what you think.

MaKoMo

#36: Post by MaKoMo »

farmroast wrote:maybe programs should have a option of showing both scales for posting, with all the sharing going on.
Artisan allows you to record in one and convert into the other scale. That way you could easily roast, say in C, save the graph as png (remember to incr. the dpi settings to make the labels in the graph readable!), convert to F, save the graph again as png and post both graphs. Or alternatively, share the *.alog file via DropBox or alike such that everybody can easily check the details herself using the unit he likes to work in.

boar_d_laze

#37: Post by boar_d_laze »

Are there plans for a March "Roast and Learn?"

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

TomC
Team HB

#38: Post by TomC replying to boar_d_laze »

Yep. Ed's leading it.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

farmroast

#39: Post by farmroast »

farmroast wrote:R&L March/April notice
With the impending roasting comp. being planned for March and my probable attending scaa in April I'm postponing my R&L plan until May. Having 2 roasting projects going on at the same will make it just too much for some members interested in both activities.

Here is a little primer on what I'm exploring for the May activity. I've just started to get more info. and further pro. opinions(and possible involvement) on the concepts.
for those that missed this notice on page 1
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

Boldjava

#40: Post by Boldjava »

This is an excellent Kenyan. Loved it and I am not into Kenyans.

Budd is up from Milwaukee and we went after it. I will write up my notes this week.
-----
LMWDP #339