Panama Elida Natural Catuai - Klatch - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter

#41: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Ha - I just bought another 10 lbs. Wife's birthday today and she loved the first roast so now we will have more.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

glf
Supporter ♡

#42: Post by glf »

Does the anaerobic slow dry Elida version come to market later than the standard natural? The "slow" suggests it does, but I don't really know.

cmapes
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by cmapes » replying to glf »

It's a micro lot so I'm not sure if Klatch or Roastmasters will carry it this year. I'm getting 5lbs to play with.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by mkane »

By now we all know this is an outstanding coffee. I'll grind 25g .this and let sit a while. This coffee's a joy to put in the roaster.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#45: Post by mkane »

And it's a joy in the cup this morning. Creamy mouthfeel, almost a coconut cacao taste.

I'll use less heat next time and shoot for RoR closer to 30/20/10f. Also thinking of increasing charge weight to 70% capacity

mkane
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by mkane »

Still a bit hot. I'll pull more gas around the 6 min mark

Rickpatbrown

#47: Post by Rickpatbrown »

Just gonna add to the dogpile! This coffee is great! Reminds me of last winter's Honduras natural from Royal Crown Jewels. Winey- syrupy- full bodied- round and truly interesting. Very happy with this as a Chemex brew. Cant wait to try it as espresso.

I've been hitting my 375 gram batches with pretty hard heat right from the get go. I've yet to develope any defects (that I notice) and have shortened my roasts by about 1 minute. I've been doing this with all my denser beans with pretty good results.

mkane
Supporter ♡

#48: Post by mkane »

and more dogpile. Ordered some more.

drgary
Team HB

#49: Post by drgary »

The smoke cleared, so I finally had a chance to get in a roast. Dry cupping was promising. I'm taking it darker because my roasts of the prior year were underdeveloped.

Added: Brewed an ibrik this morning. BIG strawberry and vanilla, light syrup mouthfeel. Just jumped on 10 more lbs.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

jlehet

#50: Post by jlehet »

I had some more of my first roast of this this morning. After over two week's rest it seems to have more fruit than the first brews of it. Big raspberry here. I roasted this back when I was charging cooler on the Hottop. I think the next roast will be better with my current refinements (much hotter charge temp).