On Idle Noise - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Almico

#41: Post by Almico »

I redownloaded the drivers and added some more devices:

Still nothing.

It does show its seeing the RTD:

Almico

#42: Post by Almico »

Got the RTD to work for BT. Now I don't know how to" Regarding the Artisan setup with the TMP1200. As this is only a one channel device which you might configure as main device in Artisan using its meter popup, you would need to add the TMP1101 channels (0+1 and 1+2) as extra device channels. If you plan to use on of these as meters, you need to link it via a symbolic formula into the main devices second channel."

Almico

#43: Post by Almico »

I just did a roast with BT only and the new RTD. 0 smoothing and 1s Delta span.

MaKoMo (original poster)

#44: Post by MaKoMo (original poster) »

Dear Alan,

I was replying to your original post asking for help with the TMP1200 setup, but that message did not get posted for unknown reason (most likely an issue on my side).

You can link an extra channel into the ET, by adding a symbolic formula. To refer to the first channel of the first extra device you would use "Y3" (without the quotes). Just put this one under "ET Y(x)" as symbolic formula for the ET channel (menu Config >> Device, 3rd tab "Symb ET/BT". You can find some documentation for symbolic formulas by pressing the help button in that dialog. You might want to untick curve/lcd for the extra channel that you map to the ET to avoid duplicate renderings.

Almico

#45: Post by Almico »

I put Y3 in for the symbol and still nothing. its like its not seeing the probe. i get -1 for an ET readout.

MaKoMo (original poster)

#46: Post by MaKoMo (original poster) »

Do you get readings from the TMP1101 in the Phidgets Control Panel? Do you see readings from the TMP1101 in the extra device LCD if you tick to show its readings? Do you see an attach message for the TMP1101 in the message log (under Help)?

Maybe this get's to much OT for this thread, don't you think?

AlexGS

#47: Post by AlexGS »

If I count right it should be Y5, right?

Almico

#48: Post by Almico »

MaKoMo wrote:Do you get readings from the TMP1101 in the Phidgets Control Panel? Do you see readings from the TMP1101 in the extra device LCD if you tick to show its readings? Do you see an attach message for the TMP1101 in the message log (under Help)?

Maybe this get's to much OT for this thread, don't you think?
Control panel. I have no idea what I'm looking at. I have the RTD plugged into port 1 and the tmp1101 into port 0.

I'm plugging and unplugging the TMP1101 from the vint hub but nothing is happening in Control Panel. It appears I might have a bad one. Swell. There's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Here's my control panel with the RTD plugged into 0 and TMP1101 into port 1:

I'm guessing RED means it sees something attached, white, not so much.

Almico

#49: Post by Almico »

BTW, idle noise is zilch. I just ran this with an idea probe and then wrapped the probe in my hand just before 1:00 and held it. Big spike and then it settled down nicely.

MaKoMo (original poster)

#50: Post by MaKoMo (original poster) »

Note that this is all external to Artisan and not connected to Idle Noise:

Your TMP1101 is obviously not attaching to the Phidget driver. It should popup up in a similar way as the TMP1200 and listed by name. Either the module is dead, the patch cable connecting it to the HUB is dead or the HUB port you are using is dead.

For a red marked module the driver holds a firmware update. You should click that red text and follow the instructions to update the firmware of the module. Note that the Phidgets driver and the firmware of the modules is regular updated. Always install the latest Phidget driver and all available firmware updates.

Your first "RTD"-roast looks good. What was the sampling rate on that one?