Old Huky Owner - 200g charges need to shine. - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Chert (original poster)

#11: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Hopefully tasting the Masterpieces of Daterra sample set will bear out my decision for expediency: allow 200 C charge temp, a BBP to bring charge temp down would extend my roast sessions beyond the time I have. My drops are about 207C and the entire roaster is around 200 with charging, compared to a higher MET with roasting higher charge masses back-to-back.

I roasted the two Laurina lots. Those beans are wee. And of the 6 lots I had time for last night, most did not give much of a sound of 1C popping. I'm hitting 4-3-2 intervals pretty well, and 10C BT rise after 1C. (The set comes with cards and each has a QR code to suggest an Akiwa roast profile, but that's no help to me. I wonder what adjustment they make for the small Laurina beans).
I support Artisan Roasterscope.

bean2friends

#12: Post by bean2friends »

Interesting. Small soft beans reminds me of some Maui beans I roasted many years ago. I think I got them from Green Coffee Buying Club. Anyhow, they were hard to roast as they gave no crack. Taste was ok. But, I was in no hurry to get them again.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
Chert (original poster)

#13: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Here's the lot:

Chert (original poster)

#14: Post by Chert (original poster) »

The process of roasting and now tasting through these has been great fun and interesting, even with my poorly discerning palate. For the two groups of 5-6 I've cupped with two local homeroaster friends, 2 coffees stand out as more interesting of each set. But I am glad I have enough to try in multiple setting to see if that holds .