New USRC Sample Roaster - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Ol'Timer

#11: Post by Ol'Timer »

You are gonna love it, Rich. I look forward to comparing notes, but must advise that the black model produces superior results! Have you stocked plenty of beans?

Dave

Nik

#12: Post by Nik »

I waited a couple years for the larger Hottop but concluded that for less money I could get a commercial quality roaster. This is a Coffee-Tech Torrefatorre 2G. It will roast half pound to around 4 pounds. However I am sticking to one pound until I am fully in control of the beast. I have been using it for about two months. Eric installed a BT thermocouple in the door and did his normal high quality job. I have run perhaps 15 pounds through it so far and the last 4-5 have been very good. There's a learning curve but I don't see any major issues. All electric 220V. The construction quality is extraordinary.

If anyone else has one of these I would love to communicate with them.

Baratza: skilled in the art of grinding
Sponsored by Baratza
TomC
Team HB

#13: Post by TomC »

Nik wrote:I waited a couple years for the larger Hottop but concluded that for less money I could get a commercial quality roaster. This is a Coffee-Tech Torrefatorre 2G. It will roast half pound to around 4 pounds. However I am sticking to one pound until I am fully in control of the beast. I have been using it for about two months. Eric installed a BT thermocouple in the door and did his normal high quality job. I have run perhaps 15 pounds through it so far and the last 4-5 have been very good. There's a learning curve but I don't see any major issues. All electric 220V. The construction quality is extraordinary.

If anyone else has one of these I would love to communicate with them.

<image>
It will get lost in this thread, since this one is about the USRC. If you start a new thread, others might be able to find it better. It looks like a solid beast.

Nik

#14: Post by Nik »

Thanks Tom,

You are right!

Bob

JK

#15: Post by JK »

Nice Looking Machines...
I'm sure they will bring much enjoyment to you all..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

smite

#16: Post by smite »

boar_d_laze wrote:Completed and ready to ship:
<image>

I ordered this puppy July 21 from Dan Joliff, Mr. USRC himself. Dan said he expected the roaster to be ready in 8 to 9 weeks. USRC prefers checks to credit cards (forgot to ask about PayPal), and I had the check in the mail on the 22d.

<SNIP>

Anyway, now we have an idea of what it looks like. More later, when it gets here. God knows, I'm fired-up to fire it up.

Rich
Rich,

Sorry I missed this thread sooner. What a nice looking roaster! That green really does look like the finish on a 60s British race car or possibly even a WW1 fighter plane.

BTW, if you have any interest in parting with your Amprobe, assuming it would work for me, let me know.

I really look forward to seeing all the details on her performance! Have you picked a name yet?

J

ed63

#17: Post by ed63 »

HI, yes the roaster looks great in the pics and congratulations!! Is anyone aware of a distributor for these roasters in Melbourne, Australia? I would love to see the full specs as there would need to be mods to work on Australian 240volt/15amp circuitry.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
Boldjava

#18: Post by Boldjava »

-----
LMWDP #339

boar_d_laze (original poster)

#19: Post by boar_d_laze (original poster) »

coffeehabibi wrote:Is anyone aware of a distributor for these roasters in Melbourne, Australia?
I doubt there is one. There are no distributors in the North America. Dealings with the company are direct.
I would love to see the full specs as there would need to be mods to work on Australian 240volt/15amp circuitry.
See Bold Java's post, above.

BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator