The New Roaster - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Transparent Roaster (original poster)

#21: Post by Transparent Roaster (original poster) »

Roaster Vision 23, if you are still checking this thread, please check your inbox for a personal message.

Naelo

#22: Post by Naelo »

Bonjour Transparent, bravo pour le projet étonnant comme prototype, moi aussi je suis sur un torréfacteur à lit fluidisé et si possible pouvez partager le profil artisan qui selon est le meilleur profil avec lequel vous avez eu la meilleure tasse. un fichier .alog ça sera parfait.

Advertisement
marcism

#23: Post by marcism »

This forum has so much talent and so much ingenuity, and this is another prime example of both. Absolutely awesome design :)

Rickpatbrown

#24: Post by Rickpatbrown »

I'm glad this thread got kicked back to the top. I missed it the first time.
That roaster looks badass. I would love to build one, but could never put the time on to build something like this.

Definitely needs some work on the cooling system, but the agitation and speed on 1kg are impressive.

I still think back to some of my early roasts in a heatgun bread machine. The good roasts were REALLY good ... but the bad roasts were REALLY bad.

IMAWriter

#25: Post by IMAWriter »

Congratulations. I have much admiration for creators.

#26: Post by Transparent Roaster (original poster) »

Thanks. This roaster was a challenge to create, but fun at the same time. Its real-world use over the past 2+ years has taught me some strengths and weaknesses of the design. I hope to remove the weaknesses and refine the roaster into a new version. The next one plans to simplify systems to reduce build costs and components. The goal is to create a single circuit roaster that requires less than 1Kw/hour with a batch size of about 0.7 kilogram. If anyone has interest or curiosity about the next project, feel free to PM me.

Erichimedes
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by Erichimedes »

I've never seen how the agitation in this roaster works, have you posted it anywhere? Very curious about how the agitation works, how heat is applied in the roast chamber and now, what your thoughts are on how it all has come together.

Advertisement
marcism

#28: Post by marcism »

Transparent Roaster wrote:If anyone has interest or curiosity about the next project, feel free to PM me.
Honestly, I think we all are interested in the next project! :D Definitely looking forward to the next thread for V2.

#29: Post by Transparent Roaster (original poster) »

Erichimedes wrote:I've never seen how the agitation in this roaster works, have you posted it anywhere?...
what your thoughts are on how it all has come together.
The design hasn't been posted anywhere. Actually, the agitator took alot of trial and error and many iterations to get right, so although it works quite well already, on the next machine I'll likely modify it for improved performance and easier manufacture.

For a number of years I was using fluidbed roasters for home roasting, but this one proves to be a much more efficient design, easier to use, and I believe it can yield somewhat better results because of its versatility.

renatoa

#30: Post by renatoa »

Probably will remain as mysterious as is in the Stronghold S7... the clip shows some nice dancing beans, but nobody knows how they to that... no S7 tear-down made public so far.