New Phidget VintHubs - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
SJM

#11: Post by SJM »

Marcelnl wrote:In a world where influencers exist and somehow live life for free and get paid on top of that it should be thinkable to ask Phidget for a demo piece to test it and if apliccable recommend it for our purpose.
What? You think anyone who uses Phidgets could ask for a free one as a test? Or are you planning on nominating one HB Phidgets user to be the designated HB trier-outer?

Phidgets might well want to send one to Marko to see how well it performs with Artisan, but somehow I think that's between Phidgets and Marko.

My penny worth of contrariness for the morning.

AndreG
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by AndreG »

I posted a request on Phidgets Forum but I am not holding my breath...

Therethere

#13: Post by Therethere »

How are they still not USB-C??

Marcelnl

#14: Post by Marcelnl »

SJM wrote:What? You think anyone who uses Phidgets could ask for a free one as a test? Or are you planning on nominating one HB Phidgets user to be the designated HB trier-outer?

Phidgets might well want to send one to Marko to see how well it performs with Artisan, but somehow I think that's between Phidgets and Marko.

My penny worth of contrariness for the morning.
That was pretty much my thought, it's not unheard of...pretty much anything is being marketed via 'reviews' these days, as long as the potential user/buyer base is large enough.
LMWDP #483

AndreG
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by AndreG »

Patrick a lead developer wrote on the Phidgets Forum:

TMP1101_1 has not been upgraded for faster data rates. The shield icon on the latest rev means that it supports longer cables and improved immunity. Some new VINT devices also support higher speeds, but this kind of spec change would also result in a new rev of the product - ie TMP1101_2.

Here is a great video that clarifies : https://www.phidgets.com/docs/VINT_Upgrades