New in roasting, how to understand the graph - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
MNate

#11: Post by MNate »

Awesome. Your roaster looks like it has good control.

Often people go the opposite: starting with higher power (but not so much you scorch the beans) and dropping lower as you go. I'd definitely try the one setting throughout though and see what things look like.

(You'll want to better see the rate of rise info though so scaling your graph so it takes up your whole verticals space will be better).

pcofftenyo
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by pcofftenyo »

I'm hoping your second posted roast tastes a lot better than your first! It looks like it should.

Good luck on your roasting journey

Adam.M

#13: Post by Adam.M »

Imihai wrote:I used 100grams

I tried to see what the machine can do. After posting here I went to find some books about roasting and now I have some ideas, about RoR or deltaBT and also I understand why the time should be as it is.
Hi Imahai,

I'm looking at this same roaster, but am tossing up between the 150G and 300G models.
Would you be able to answer some questions for me ?
  1. you got the 300G model, but you said you did some 100g roasts, how have they turned out ?
  2. the machine allows you to program some profile curves, how many profiles can be stored
  3. can you program the curve for both temp and fan speed
  4. how difficult have you found programming it
  5. what are the dimensions of the glass chamber, i've read the 150g model may be a bit short, causing the beans to pop into the chaff collector
Is there a user manual that you think you could share ?

iPa64

#14: Post by iPa64 »

Hi, very interesting I have the same roasted than you :D in fact the previous model D350G
I have just made my first roast monitored with artisan, I was a bit overloaded by evens, but very fun.

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NciMoK7dLeg[/youtube]

iPa64

#15: Post by iPa64 »

Adam.M wrote: I'm looking at this same roaster, but am tossing up between the 150G and 300G models.
Would you be able to answer some questions for me ?you got the 300G model, but you said you did some 100g roasts, how have they turned out ?
You should choose the 300, 150 it's really small.
I use 240gr for experimenting and max 300gr, 300gr you get 250gr roasted.
the machine allows you to program some profile curves, how many profiles can be stored
6 profiles of 6 steps.
can you program the curve for both temp and fan speed
No only temperature, fan is only drived manually!
how difficult have you found programming it
Programming it's easy, get the desired result or at least an interesting result that is another story. But same issue with all roasting machine. But Artisan should help.
Is there a user manual that you think you could share ?
No

Maybe there is some differences with the new model

Adam.M

#16: Post by Adam.M »

iPa64 wrote:You should choose the 300, 150 it's really small.
I use 240gr for experimenting and max 300gr, 300gr you get 250gr roasted.

6 profiles of 6 steps.

No only temperature, fan is only drived manually!

Programming it's easy, get the desired result or at least an interesting result that is another story. But same issue with all roasting machine. But Artisan should help.

No

Maybe there is some differences with the new model
thanks for your response iPa64
I actually bit the bullet and got the 150g model, have managed to bring 150 grams of old beans to second crack in under 11 mins. plenty more to experiment with.
I actually intend to do a teardown of the machine over the weekend to get some details of the hardware capabilities.

iPa64

#17: Post by iPa64 »