New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity - Page 11

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#101: Post by Peppersass »

baldheadracing wrote: Apropos of nothing, I just ordered from a roastery that does production roasts of exclusive coffees using an Ikawa: https://www.roguewavecoffee.ca/collecti ... -mini-pack
Interesting. I couldn't find any information about Ikawa roasting on their website. Do you have a link?

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#102: Post by Peppersass »

pcdawson wrote: It may be simpler than that. It is obvious from their pricing that they are targeting a US market with this roaster. At 970 USD that's roughly $700 gbp. They can't be making much money off of the machine at that price.
Are you sure that includes shipping and duty? If not, the price is more like 1300 USD.

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
pcdawson

#103: Post by pcdawson » replying to Peppersass »

if they are covering shipping and the duty is going to the govt. then wouldn't it be an even bigger hit to Ikawa?

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#104: Post by baldheadracing »

Peppersass wrote:Interesting. I couldn't find any information about Ikawa roasting on their website. Do you have a link?
The only mention is in the descriptions of the "Limited roast" beans that they sell in "Mini packs:"
Each pack contains 40-45g of coffee. These coffees are roasted on our Ikawa micro-roaster. We roast 50g of green coffee for each order and hand sort the beans to remove any roast defects. This results in a varying amount of coffee in each bag.
(They also say elsewhere and on their YouTube that: "We roast the green samples of coffee in our beloved and much used Ikawa sample roaster, " but that is not a unique practice.)

pixmap

#105: Post by pixmap »

Peppersass wrote:Are you sure that includes shipping and duty? If not, the price is more like 1300 USD.
Yes shipping is included.

First 50 customers pre-ordered
Next 100 customers will receive:
- 20% off all coffee orders for your first year

Pre-order ships: 11 November
Free global shipping: details below.
Spread the cost with our financing options.

Thx

Gataros

#106: Post by Gataros »

(
Peppersass wrote:Are you sure that includes shipping and duty? If not, the price is more like 1300 USD.
For Europe (Greece), the total cost of the IKAWA Home amounted to 1280€, 970€ + 310€ additional fees (VAT + import).

cragsman

#107: Post by cragsman »

Good day,

I bought one of the Home Roasters back in August this year, and while shipping was free, I had to pay $68.00 in Duty Fees. The website even reflects: "Important international tax information. When ordering outside of the UK, you may be liable for local import duties or taxes." I love the Home Roaster, kind of wish I had waited and if I had known I might have.

Cragsman

Artisan Plus: complete coffee greens inventory management service
Sponsored by Artisan Plus
Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#108: Post by Peppersass »

The Pro Series price includes shipping, fees and duties (at least it did when I bought mine.)

However, when my roaster arrived in the USA, DHL sent me an email demanding payment of the duty. I contacted Ikawa and they said don't pay it, they would correct the error, which they did very promptly. I think the shipment moved within hours of my notifying Ikawa. Another member here had the same problem but paid the duty. After I told him what happened, he contacted Ikawa and they refunded the duty.

ira
Supporter ♡

#109: Post by ira »

Todays email claims they're building them now and mine will ship in 2 weeks.

Ira

dicegames

#110: Post by dicegames »

Also ordered the 100g and confirmed access to full app features. Look forward to experimenting with you HB.