New Bullet - Roast Along - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Royal Coffee

#11: Post by Royal Coffee »

We also just got a Bullet at The Crown - looking forward to roasting along with you all!

We'll be publishing to roast.world coffee profiles, as well as the usual posts on our website. Let us know if you have any specific requests on roast style!

In the future, we hope to log simultaneously to Artisan, but it seems that the latest Bullet R1 IBTS doesn't have Artisan support yet? We'll look into it. We'll share those profiles in the future, too.

PS: That Guatemala from Sr Zelaya arrived last month, though *harvest* began in October 2020 in that area of Guatemala, and continued until February 2021. This lot is a later harvest at a higher elevation.
Evan Gilman
Creative Director
Royal Coffee, Inc.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by yakster »

I'm in for five pounds of ground round :lol: ... um, I mean five pounds of the Costa Rica and a spare bean chute plug.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
pcofftenyo

#13: Post by pcofftenyo »

I want to get one now as I'm feeling a little left out!

And an Ikawa Pro.

And a GS3.

And a Monolith.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by yakster »

Sweet Maria's got some in stock on the 13th but they're all sold out there now.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

StuartM

#15: Post by StuartM »

Royal Coffee wrote:We also just got a Bullet at The Crown - looking forward to roasting along with you all!

We'll be publishing to roast.world coffee profiles, as well as the usual posts on our website. Let us know if you have any specific requests on roast style!

In the future, we hope to log simultaneously to Artisan, but it seems that the latest Bullet R1 IBTS doesn't have Artisan support yet? We'll look into it. We'll share those profiles in the future, too.

PS: That Guatemala from Sr Zelaya arrived last month, though *harvest* began in October 2020 in that area of Guatemala, and continued until February 2021. This lot is a later harvest at a higher elevation.
Great to hear - I've bought several Crown Jewels and tried to figure out how to translate from Behmor to Bullet ;-)

You won't be able to log to both Artisan and RoasTime simultaneously (at least Windows but might work for MacOS) due to the different driver requirements. Artisan is using the old libusb-win and there is nobody on the dev team who has a Bullet to investigate migrating to the newer winusb driver that RoasTime ships with. You can use a handy utility called Zadig to switch from one driver to another reasonably easily so you can have both software packages available to run on the same machine.

AndyinTexas
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by AndyinTexas »

I am in on the CR and look forward to the roast along.

Kenyan mentioned above was no longer available.

(Glad to see Royal Coffee following the Bullet Roast Along. I recently ordered a Crown Jewel of the Mexican Bella Vista Rosalba Cifuentes Family and have been very pleased.)

AndyinTexas

bradm
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by bradm »

AndyinTexas wrote:I recently ordered a Crown Jewel of the Mexican Bella Vista Rosalba Cifuentes Family and have been very pleased.
AndyinTexas
Yes! That is a really versatile bean, yet another great CJ. Just opened this dark roast after 7 day rest. Smooth, rich chocolate and molasses with a hint of fruit. The lighter roasts have been great too. https://roast.world/@bradm/roasts/ItSS9q-HRmzGx_aY-caxi

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
yakster
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by yakster »

Got the CR in, haven't roasted it yet.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Jisgren (original poster)

#19: Post by Jisgren (original poster) »

Costa Rican arrived yesterday so I will roast this weekend. Right now planning to do 450gm batches, drop-in around 220-230C with a target roast time of 10 min. ~90 sec development time.

Any other starting or roast planning suggestions?

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#20: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz » replying to Jisgren »

Make sure you tell us how many degrees past FCs. That is one way for people to make a comparison. Artisan 2.4.6 will show you this in your Summary bar.

I dont know your roaster but that sounds like a high charge temp.

I will be roasting some on the 8th.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart