Need help with post-roast data - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#11: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Oh yeah I didn't answer the file naming. That was a huge improvement we made recently to Autosave. Check out the Quick Start Guide on that. Also look at the Help dialog under Autosave as that is where the full descriptors are.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by LBIespresso »

Ray Kroc, of McDonalds fame, according to my Operations Management professor was the king of workflow and W. Edwards Deming was the quality control guy.

Both people worth reading about. Quality and workflow are very relevant to coffee in general and in our daily workflow.
LMWDP #580

mkane
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by mkane »

So simple-minded here I use blue tape and a sharpie.

edwa (original poster)

#14: Post by edwa (original poster) »

So simple-minded here I use blue tape and a sharpie.
I get it... To each his own OCD. Also, looks nicer on the bags I give to friends. Long long ago I home-brewed beer and my favorite part was designing artful labels!

BigSkidRowe

#15: Post by BigSkidRowe »

I bought a little pocket thermal sticker printer from AMZ - Phomemo is the brand. Print quality is "good enough" for myself and friends - probably not commercial quality - but you can build quick templates for origin, process, roast date, etc. I have ambitious plans to print QR codes on there as well, that would link to the Artisan profile / more details on producers, etc - but haven't gotten there yet.

It's very portable, and super easy to plug in values while the roast is cooling. Sticks nicely to some degas valve bags.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#16: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

BigSkidRowe wrote: I have ambitious plans to print QR codes on there as well, that would link to the Artisan profile / more details on producers, etc - but haven't gotten there yet.

Make it easy on yourself and subscribe to Artisan Plus and it will link to the profile as you use the beans, plus you get discounts from greens suppliers AND all the bean data the partner supplier provides will auto populate.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mkane
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by mkane »

edwa wrote:I get it... To each his own OCD. Also, looks nicer on the bags I give to friends. Long long ago I home-brewed beer and my favorite part was designing artful labels!

I'm not without OCD weirdness. The coffee I do give away (which isn't much anymore), to one person can't buy the beans I give him anywhere anyway and probably doesn't care, there free. He makes K-cups with the beans I give him.

Checking stylus rake angle.

BigSkidRowe

#18: Post by BigSkidRowe »

Well, the QR codes would be for the end-consumer, not necessarily just me. Does Artisan+ publish the reports in an easily integrated way, without requiring a login? My thinking is fairly simple - but - upload, and I can generate an easy link in the QR code that links to a decoded Artisan chart / report. End of the day, I'm sure you're right. But - the technologist in me would rather pay triple via time what it'd cost someone else to do for me :D

MaKoMo

#19: Post by MaKoMo »

edwa wrote:I suppose I could grab a partial screenshot of the summary and then figure out how to paste all of them on one page for printing?
Sorry for being late to this. Under the File menu you find the entry "Save Statistics" which does exactly this. Save the Statistic Summary (if displayed) into a PDF.