My main problem with buying coffee greens. - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Ron (original poster)

#11: Post by Ron (original poster) »

Now I know. Live and learn.

Rickpatbrown

#12: Post by Rickpatbrown »

Do you buy the same coffees each year?
After decades of buying, I'd expect you know pretty well what you like and reorder it every year. I also find it easier to stick with one vendor and cultivate a relationship with them. They should be able to guide you pretty well in your purchasing options.

As others pointed out, though ... the greens alert thread is a gold mine. Pay attention to the HB member making the recommendation. We all have different tastes, but some are better than others, lol.

Lifes too short to drink mediocre coffee. I wouldn't dilute the good stuff with the mediocre.

I'd be more inclined to give it away or really experiment with roaster profiles.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by LBIespresso »

Rickpatbrown wrote: As others pointed out, though ... the greens alert thread is a gold mine. Pay attention to the HB member making the recommendation. We all have different tastes, but some are better than others, lol.

Lifes too short to drink mediocre coffee. I wouldn't dilute the good stuff with the mediocre.

I'd be more inclined to give it away or really experiment with roaster profiles.
+1 for greens alert thread
+5 for paying attention to who is making the recco

I find this to be way more helpful than descriptions/recommendations on green seller websites.
LMWDP #580