Klatch Greens Sale - 12 days of...

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Waiting for nothing or do you think it will happen?

If so what would you buy from their offerings now?

To Dan - If you can make this into a poll please do as well.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by LBIespresso »

I'm ready if they do but I am not optimistic. They have a bunch of stuff that looks good but other than decaf I'm pretty full up. But a good sale price and there's a few I'd like to try.
LMWDP #580

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

Unfortunately, I don't see the Panama Elida Catuai Natural in unroasted - only roasted.

I don't see any Panama Geisha's in unroasted either - although they've excluded Geisha's from all sales for a while now.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

GDM528

#4: Post by GDM528 »

baldheadracing wrote:Unfortunately, I don't see the Panama Elida Catuai Natural in unroasted - only roasted.
One year ago (actually, September '21), the Elida Natural Catuai was $88.07 for 10lbs...

I wonder if only offering it roasted is a strategy to absorb/hide cost increases in the supply chain.

GDM528

#5: Post by GDM528 »

Hypothetical stockpiling question, in the event a compelling sale pops up:

Hold old can a bag of greens get, before it's not worth buying them before one is ready to actually use them - six months, a year?

I imagine there are two answers, based on there being room in the freezer, or not. Klatch's vacuum sealed 5lb bags are a nice perk for long-term storage.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#6: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to GDM528 »

I don't worry about under 6 months.

Other factors

Humidity
How you store it - if not in freezer - is the bag tightly sealed
Import date - Compare Showroom Coffee (easy to see) with Klatch (no info).
Artisan.Plus User-

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by Milligan »

When I first started roasting I purchased from Coffee Bean Corral. They send their coffee in cloth bags. I noticed degradation in just a few months. Color had changed a bit and the coffee wasn't as lively. This seemed to be more noticeable in the Ethiopian coffees where the specific notes were more discernible at the time. I keep my beans in a dark cool, low moisture pat of my house. I do not have the freezer space for greens. Now I make sure they are in at least sealable plastic bags.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#8: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

9 days left.....
Artisan.Plus User-

mkane
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by mkane »

Milligan wrote:When I first started roasting I purchased from Coffee Bean Corral. They send their coffee in cloth bags. I noticed degradation in just a few months. Color had changed a bit and the coffee wasn't as lively. This seemed to be more noticeable in the Ethiopian coffees where the specific notes were more discernible at the time. I keep my beans in a dark cool, low moisture pat of my house. I do not have the freezer space for greens. Now I make sure they are in at least sealable plastic bags.
I thought coffee was supposed to be stored in cloth unless frozen. It must breathe.

GDM528

#10: Post by GDM528 »

To clarify, I've been getting discount codes (latest is "DAY3") for several days now, so the waiting game here is if/when they'll include greens for one of the 12 days. last year, only a few of the codes applied to greens.

Is the "Brazil Klatch Diamond Reserve" a decent green? I'm thinking of it as the base in a blend...

A 10lb order gets me two 5lb bags that are vacuum sealed to the point where the bag is textured by the beans. Is the same true for the 2lb and 1lb bags?