Klatch Greens Sale - 12 days of... - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#11: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

GDM528 wrote:To clarify, I've been getting discount codes (latest is "DAY3") for several days now, so the waiting game here is if/when they'll include greens for one of the 12 days. last year, only a few of the codes applied to greens.

Is the "Brazil Klatch Diamond Reserve" a decent green? I'm thinking of it as the base in a blend...

A 10lb order gets me two 5lb bags that are vacuum sealed to the point where the bag is textured by the beans. Is the same true for the 2lb and 1lb bags?
Hmmm I can't recall if the smaller bags are vacuum sealed. I think the Diamond Reserve is their blend. I would definitely try some of that if they do a sale out of curiosity.

Also for decaf drinkers the one they have is great but it's been there a long time and we don't know the age of the beans at this point.

I would also get Ethiopia Worka Gr1 Anaerobic Natural for blending with a full bodied, chocolate or nut, South or Central American.

As far as blending bases to go with a more fruity coffee I would pick these:

Organic Guatemala Guaya'b Fair Trade SMBC - Dark Chocolate + Nougat + Stone Fruit
Organic Mexico Chiapas Triunfo Verde Fairtrade - Chocolate + Praline + Red Apple
El Salvador Las Mercedes Pepinal 1 -Graham Cracker + Hot Cocoa + Lemon Verbena

Also Day 4 code for over 100 doesn't work on greens.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by LBIespresso »

GDM528 wrote: A 10lb order gets me two 5lb bags that are vacuum sealed to the point where the bag is textured by the beans. Is the same true for the 2lb and 1lb bags?
In the past some of the bags that I had ordered the seal must have leaked because one bag would be textured and tight and the other wouldn't. It didn't matter to me since I break them down into 1 and 2 pound bags that I vac seal and freeze. But just another data point for you.
LMWDP #580

Boldjava

#13: Post by Boldjava »

"Unfortunately, as of right now, we do not have any sales for green scheduled...pass along idea to mgt."

Per Klatch his a.m.

Dave
-----
LMWDP #339

#14: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Similar to what they told me a few months ago. No more greens sales by Klatch seems confirmed.
Artisan.Plus User-

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by JohnB. »

Code: 20GREEN Good today only for 20% off green coffee beans.
LMWDP 267

Almico

#16: Post by Almico »

Thanks, John. Picked up 10# of the Ethiopia Worka Gr1 Anaerobic Natural.

JNick916

#17: Post by JNick916 »

Has anyone tried their worka anaerobic this year? Two years ago was awesome, but last year was vinegar.

#18: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Thanks John. I had unsubscribed yesterday and if it were not for you I would not have known this. I just bought 42lbs. Thanks.
Artisan.Plus User-

baldheadracing
Team HB

#19: Post by baldheadracing »

Fourteenth day of Christmas? :D

Glad to see that there is a one-day sale.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

GDM528

#20: Post by GDM528 »

Any suggestions for how to populate a 'flight' of greens, that are representative of the different styles and regions?