Kaleido Sniper Coffee Roaster - Page 5

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Jason5yuan

#41: Post by Jason5yuan »

Kjote0422 wrote:Hi guys. After countless hours of back and forth with the manufacturer in China, i was able to connect my M2 Pro to Artisan on my Macbook (you need specific files to make it work!). I understand it is difficult to reach out to Kaleido if you do not use WeChat or Taobao. Anyways, I am able to control heater, drum, and partially the exhaust (will only turn on when set to 100%. Any setting lower than 100% will not work, but manufacturer promises to send me a new exhaust fan).
I am by no mean an experienced roaster, and i am also well familiar with all the other machine you guys mentioned above. However, I do believe M2 roaster has adequate power and i am planning to add a second heater to my unit. What makes me choose Kaleido over Hottop is the inclusion of trier as I like to smell the beans at different stages of roasting. I was able to roast some Brazilian beans to medium/dark roast under 10 minutes just before second crack started. I have also done some light roasted natural Colombian Geishas that are beautifully balanced and retain a lot of floral and fruity characteristics.It is truly a capable machine if you get it to work properly.

Here is a example of my roasting profile on some geisha. https://photos.app.goo.gl/arhxngAxP3RVXhMw9

Cheers,
I had the same problem. It is solved after I installed the new fan!

drinkcoffeerva

#42: Post by drinkcoffeerva »

So I just got one of these machines second-hand. Pretty sure I got the standard machine, but I'm double checking. Does your machine have three toggle switches on the bottom? That may be a feature reserved for the Pro, but I can't figure out for sure.

Also, does your machine automatically start heating once you plug it in? Again, I got the machine second-hand and I'm trying to figure everything out.

Thanks!

Steven

Espresso Forge: brew truly incredible espresso at home
Sponsored by Espresso Forge
Jason5yuan

#43: Post by Jason5yuan » replying to drinkcoffeerva »

If you have the M10 the control box is built in. I think its on the left side of the machine towards the back (if you face the machine). the toggle has auto, neutral , and manual three states. the heater should not be on once you plug it in. Use the touch screen to control it when the toggle is on manual.

Ukwoody

#44: Post by Ukwoody »

Hi all,
Firstly thanks to the OP, this is a great thread.
I run a small cafe in Wales UK and want to move into roasting. I came across the M2 by accident, and then this brilliant thread.
Can I ask how your machine are holding up? I am after a 1kg roaster so thinking about the M10 Pro. Do you think it wouls survive as a cfoffee shop roaster?

many thanks for your thoughts guys
Woody

nrh (original poster)

#45: Post by nrh (original poster) »

Ukwoody wrote:Hi all,
Firstly thanks to the OP, this is a great thread.
I run a small cafe in Wales UK and want to move into roasting. I came across the M2 by accident, and then this brilliant thread.
Can I ask how your machine are holding up? I am after a 1kg roaster so thinking about the M10 Pro. Do you think it wouls survive as a cfoffee shop roaster?

many thanks for your thoughts guys
Woody
It seems like a pretty robust machine to me, but I'd guess it depends on how many roasts you are doing per day/week. I know there are a few people using the M10 for their roasting business, so they might be able to give you a better idea how it is working for them.
Nick H.

fourthdimension

#46: Post by fourthdimension »

I've been trying to contact them also for the files (appears my salesman is no longer around) Would anybody be able to share this file? I have a MacBook Pro and I'm out of coffee after a long camping trip! I will gladly supply my email

calvinsh928

#47: Post by calvinsh928 »

nrh wrote:I purchased a Kaleido Sniper M2, and I was able to roast my first two batches today. Kaleido is a newer company that hasn't been mentioned before on HB. There are currently no distributors located in the United States, so I had to purchase from China.

I've never roasted before, and I haven't actually tasted the roasted coffee so far since I just roasted it a few hours ago. It looks good though, and I wanted to start a thread to see if there are others who own this roaster (or are interested in it). Kaleido has other versions besides the M2, but I believe they all are pretty similar.

Feel free to ask questions or add your experiences if you own one of these. I'll plan to add updates over time as well.

May I know which company you purchase from China? I'm liasing with a guy name Tommy. You buy from alibaba or directly from their company?

CafelatStore: home of Cafelat products online
Sponsored by CafelatStore
calvinsh928

#48: Post by calvinsh928 »

Need confirmation here guys, appreciate someone can help.
Anyone purchase directly from the China company? How is the overall experience? I get a proforma invoice but it's in excel format and doesn't seem proper.
Who are you dealing with and the company name if anyone of you experience communicating with the China counterpart before?

Many thanks!

BigSkidRowe

#49: Post by BigSkidRowe »

I purchased via Alibaba - it's currently in shipping via DHL - I bought the M2Pro via TommyTrade with "May" as the respondent. They're pretty responsive to questions, and already provided the Artisan settings to simplify setup upon arrival.

I paid via Alibaba, nothing in an Excel doc or anything.

Eri

#50: Post by Eri »

hi all, i've had the standard 230 volt behmor 1600 for a few years now and am thinking of either upgrading the parts to a 1600+ kit, (or the newest black? kit)

or possibly buying a used kaleido m2 sniper pro

my preferred blend for my 2 large flat whites a day is equal thirds of Colombian, brazilian and sumatran

so i generally roast 333gms at a time (third of a kg bag) ...generally sat. mornings....week 1 Colombian, week 2 brazilian, week 3 sumatran, back to start

the behmor seems great for medium roasts but not to good for light roasts and the cooling takes a long time and not all skins are shed

with the m2 being so new there seem no direct comparison with other roasters on the web

and then there's the m2 - basic roaster with wired touchscreen control panel, the m2 pro - also has bluetooth temp probe? for artisan software and now the m2 pro plus - small wired control panel replaced by large bluetooth tablet?

but i have a few questions

does the maker provide a detailed intelligible english user manual, or dos the user have to klutz through themselves

has any professional roaster compared it to other roasters in this price category?

how would the quality of the roasts compare with those from a kaffelogic nano?