Kaleido Sniper Coffee Roaster - Page 12

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
pttuan

#111: Post by pttuan »

I just published the project to add Artisan support for Kaleido M2/M1/M6/M10 Standard version. Hopefully it is helpful.
https://github.com/pttuan/kaleido_sniper

Regards,

JoeCoffeeCanada

#112: Post by JoeCoffeeCanada »

The roaster in Kyle's video is mine now, bought it off him a few weeks ago. Still haven't tried it out yet though, still waiting to get a 20 amp plug installed.

Ypuh

#113: Post by Ypuh »

Look good. I still love mine, it has been a good purchase.

Also great to see all the minor tweaks and upgrades. Like every 3-6 months you see a handle, drawer, drum or something improve. Nothing too severe that I feel like I'm missing out, but just continuous improvement. To me the hardware-side already feels better thought out than the Bullet R1. Softwarewise my bet's on Artisan and Aillio takes the edge.
I don't want a Decent

JoeCoffeeCanada

#114: Post by JoeCoffeeCanada »

It's nice to see the continual improvement, software or hardware wise. It was really easy getting it hooked up to Artisan and everything worked great. Shows they are serious about making it a great roaster.

Haneef

#115: Post by Haneef »

Can this be used for a Mac?

ontoptherock

#116: Post by ontoptherock »

Do you need to remove the old board or do you run this along with the original board? Lastly if running dual setup how do you connect both boards? Do you have a video or anything on doing the MOD? thank you for the contribution, I am looking to do the MOD considering Kaliedo charges $500 for the dual board

Ypuh

#117: Post by Ypuh replying to ontoptherock »

Not sure what you mean, but I wouldn't want to be switching out boards. Don't know the current prices, but you can choose either an Artisan-enabled machine (probably with just a BT chip on the board), at the same price a Kaleido-enabled board with the USB cord coming out of the machine, or for a $200 premium the All-in-one machine that supports both including the Kaleido-controller.

I have the all-in-one, but barely use the controller (only for warming-up and cool-down cycles). You would be fine using either, but I prefer to work on my laptop and save the Artisan profiles so I can share them on a forum or so. To be fair; I never really look back much at roast profiles or anything. You'd probably be fine with either, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with Artisan. I like the Kaleido hardware and possibility to link it to any software you like, but their personal controller is not that bad (also allows you to auto-roast and save roast profiles etc).

Probably Kaleido can supply you with another board. Their support was very responsive, and shipping to the EU was in less than 2 weeks without additional VAT/duties other than discussed at the sale.
I don't want a Decent

dyno

#118: Post by dyno »

Can the Kaleido autoroast on Artisan? I'm using a Kaffelogic right now and like it but the roast capacity is pretty small.

Jonk

#119: Post by Jonk »

dyno wrote:Can the Kaleido autoroast on Artisan? I'm using a Kaffelogic right now and like it but the roast capacity is pretty small.
Yes, but probably not as repeatably as the Kaffelogic.

mzedith
Supporter ♡

#120: Post by mzedith »

I have the M1 and M6 and have used auto roast on both of them. my first Kaleido was the M10 but I ended up selling it because it was huge for my roasting needs. This past weekend i roasted a fav espresso blend of mine, then saved the profile to do another batch. Worked like a charm. I followed this roast with a second batch.

dyno wrote:Can the Kaleido autoroast on Artisan? I'm using a Kaffelogic right now and like it but the roast capacity is pretty small.